DirecTV free HD offer?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Think I just saw a commercial for Direct TV offering free HD for life?? Guess I need to do some research. In the mean time, has anyone seen this offer? How does it work for existing Direct TV customers?

spokybob

DTVUSA Member
Think I just saw a commercial for Direct TV offering free HD for life?? Guess I need to do some research. In the mean time, has anyone seen this offer? How does it work for existing Direct TV customers?
I have done some research. DISH & now DIRECTV are saying that if the package you subscribe to offers a SD & a HD feed, you may view the HD channels as no extra cost. You must however have the proper equipment like an HD receiver or HD DVR.
Second question. Current SD DISH users must upgrade their equipment for $99 or do a new contract. I can't find the requirements for DIRECTV.

naazlee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
We are currently subscribed to DISH and will definetly contact our operator to give us more details on upgrading to free HD. $99 is definitely not a bad idea. I am not quite sure if the HD receiver is going to be an added cost?

Yes616

The Mod Squad
I copied all of the Dish Network discussion to the Free HD thread on the Dish Forum. Please continue the Dish talk there.

I was looking all around the Direct site and all I see is that the Free HD is for new customers. I may be wrong though.