Directv Mobile App no longer usable - DirecTV

For years I've been using the Directv mobile app to view the listings and program my DVR. But about six months ago the app became completely dysfunctional. No matter what I am looking at while in the app, after roughly 20-30 seconds, the app defaults to the main screen which shows what channel my TV is currently showing, a list of featured movies and programs, etc. Since the problem started, there have been numerous app updates, none of which have fixed the problem. Also since that time, I've gotten the new iPhone 7 and have the latest IOS version installed. Furthermore, I tried installing the app on my ipad and the exact same thing happens. I can't find anything in the settings that will change any of this behavior. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times and I have logged out and logged back in repeatedly but nothing changes. Any help would be most appreciated.

This question, "Directv Mobile App no longer usable," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.