Directv On Demand - There was a problem connecting to the internet. Please test your

Directv On Demand - There was a problem connecting to the internet. Please test your

Hi I have been receiving the message in the title periodically for the past month or so. Recently it's become more common than ever. I have an AT&T Gigapower internet connection that works perfectly, even during periods where my Genie won't download on demand content. I can see the traffic flowing through my router and abruptly ending in exact timing with the error message on the screen. During the period where Directv won't download content, i confirm that the internet is working perfectly. Occasionally, I get a different error message: There was a problem connecting to Directv. Please try again later. In any case, after clearing the message, the on demand content download resumes within about 5 minutes and then throws the same error again a few minutes after that.

I have an HR54/700 that was actually swapped out recently by a Directv technician to attempt to fix the issue. The new receiver has exactly the same issue. It's extremely frustrating and annoying to try and watch TV with this message appearing every few minutes. I have attached photos of both errors along with a chart showing the abrupt traffic drop when the receiver stops downloading from directv.

I would like to add that I have the receiver connected via a gigabit network hard line. I also tried disconnecting this wire and using the wireless to rule out any internal wiring issue. The same messages appear irrespective of the connection type.

To prove that the internet is working flawlessly throughout all my Directv issues, I have several network cameras streaming content to the cloud and they show no interruption in the feed any time that Directv isn't working.

This question, "Directv On Demand - There was a problem connecting to the internet. Please test your connection," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.