- Starting on November 1, 2017 Genie, Genie 2 Receivers and Clients started to receive a new user interface (UI) via automatic software download.
- Our new sleek HD DVR interface simplifies your entertainment experience. Now you can access, discover, and manage your content like never before.
- Dive into your content quickly, with program details, recognizable posters, and network logos, all on one screen!
- Find what's playing on your most watched networks, your recordings, and On Demand content, all in one central location with our newly formatted Menu.
- Conveniently search from any screen to find the shows you love.
- Access and manage your recordings easily from a simplified, re-organized Playlist.
- For answers to frequently asked questions, please visit our Set-Top Box Menu Update FAQ.
What You Need to Know
This modern refresh to the user experience improves the visual design for all screens in the receiver UI.
- The redesign includes Menus, Playlist, Guide, Info Banner, VOD Enhancements and other items to evolve the user experience.
- Receivers that will get the New UI:
- H44 + HDD
- C31 / C41 / C41W-100 / C51 / C61 / C61K / RVU Clients
- Receivers may not be downgraded to an older user interface.
- HR34 or older will not get the New UI
- Households with a mixture of receivers may see a different user interface depending on whether the receiver received the new user interface.
- Menu Redesign
- Playlist Redesign
- Guide Redesign
- Info Banner Redesign
- Remote Function Changes
Jared, AT&T Community Specialist
This question, "DIRECTV: Redefined Menu, Playlist & Guide Hub - Things to Know," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.