Disco Queen Donna Summer is dead

I just heard on the news that legendery Disco Queen Donna Summer has succumbed to cancer at the age of 63. I will always remember riding down the highway in my Corvette in the 70's and 80's and singing along with her songs like "Last Dance"and most memorably "Hot Stuff"and "I Feel Love". Her music struck a cord with me and never failed to lift my spirits and get me moving.

Donna had great recording success as evidenced by her multiple Grammy Award wins. Songs like "Love to Love You Baby", "She Works Hard for the Money" and her duet with Barbra Streisand called "No More Tears" are still amoung my favorties. Who among us doesn't remember them singing the lyrics Enough is enoung from that duet? What are some of Donna Summer's songs that are among your favorites?

Not only was Summer a great singer but also a great song writer, who wrote or co-wrote many of her songs or songs for others. Some of us will also remember she played Urkel's Aunt Oona on "Family Matters.

My condolences to her husband and three daughters.

As I head off to dig up one of Donna's DVD's to play, I say love to love you baby. Rest in peace.