Discovery Channel

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I have found myself watching this channel more often now. It has some great shows and is a entertaining way to learn about science, nature and health. I didn't know they even had more channels like, Discovery Times and Investigation Discovery. I think my favorite is Discovery Health. Anyone else watch these channels?

I find that as I get older, the less interested I am in network television. I've drifted to the Discovery, Travel and History channels because I find they are more interesting than most of the stuff on the networks.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
I liked the channel as a kid and still do now. I specifically enjoyed the show on extreme engineering. That's one I've been trying to keep an eye on for reruns.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
Investigation Discovery is a great show. My husbands a true crime buff, so it's right up his alley. Though at first it was hard for me to sit through an espisode but of its gruesome details, I was hooked and now watch it regularly with my hubby.

Extreme Engineering is such a great show. I have kids who love to build things and they are glued to the tv when the show comes on. I don't even know how the engineers come up with some of the things they do.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
Investigation Discovery would be my favorite episode of discovery channel. I admire the way they investigate detail by detail, and one more thing, this is a show that would end well.:)

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
Discovery Channel and the National Geographic channel are two channels that rescue me on TV. Out of the enormously huge number of useless channels, they always tend to be my most watched ones. :)

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
Yep, we love these channels too. We homeschool, so these are a great educational tool. They do such a great job detailing how things are made, how they work, etc. I love the travel channel, because I get to see places that I never will in person. Since most of the shows are in high-definition they are incredible.

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
Discovery Channel is one of the few stations I get to watch regularly, It is a show that would help you to relax after a hard day of work due to it's informative shows, you'll get to learn something new in each show.:D

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I just wish it was available as an online channel. They have not put their lineup online like most of the over the air networks have done so. I think they are loosing viewers because of it too.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
I just wish it was available as an online channel. They have not put their lineup online like most of the over the air networks have done so. I think they are loosing viewers because of it too.
That's a good idea. Of course with the Discovery Channels, National Geographic and Planet Green, I like watching them on the big screen in High-Definition. It adds so much to the quality of the programs being aired, especially the nature shows.

But, as technology increases and the demand for internet available programming we should pretty much be able to access any program we want. I would like to be able to see a database with archived programs that we could watch, as well. If you miss a show or just want to go back and re-watch episodes from whenever, it would be at your finger-tips.

sanju123

DTVUSA Member
My favorite channel, when something nice comes up all the rest of the bindings take the back seat. I love to watch most of the programs aired on this channel.