DISH Network Digital Converter Coupon Swap Event #2--6/27 in DENVER

DISHInfo

DTVUSA Rookie
Once again, DISH Network is swapping coupons for digital converter boxes (DTVPal Plus with analog pass-through and TV Guide) on Saturday, June 27th in DENVER.

WHAT: In an effort to ease the transition from analog to digital for consumers in Denver, DISH Network is sponsoring a two-day event where consumers can present their valid $40 government coupon in exchange for one of DISH Network’s top-rated DTVPal Plus converter boxes while supplies last. The coupon will fully cover the cost of the converter box, which is normally sold for $59.99, but is on sale at these events for $40.00. The even swap means that no additional money will be required. Because the event is strictly an even swap, cash or credit cards will not be accepted.

WHEN:
Saturday, June 27th: 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
*Note: Quantities are limited. Event will run only as long as supplies last.

WHERE:
Saturday, June 27th
Rude Recreation Center
2855 W Holden Pl
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 572-4795‎

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
That's pretty cool of them. I guess that shoots down the conspiracy theory. I thought the DTV transition was cable and satellite companys conspiring to get everyone frustrated and finally giving up on OTA DTV and signing up for cable or satellite. Instead Dish Network, a satellite service, are giving some super deals on CECBs. I've read a few posts suggesting this theory. On a serious note. Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Thanks for the heads up. I hope some on here are able to take advantage of the Dish Network swap.
Once again, DISH Network is swapping coupons for digital converter boxes (DTVPal Plus with analog pass-through and TV Guide) on Saturday, June 27th in DENVER.

WHAT: In an effort to ease the transition from analog to digital for consumers in Denver, DISH Network is sponsoring a two-day event where consumers can present their valid $40 government coupon in exchange for one of DISH Network’s top-rated DTVPal Plus converter boxes while supplies last. The coupon will fully cover the cost of the converter box, which is normally sold for $59.99, but is on sale at these events for $40.00. The even swap means that no additional money will be required. Because the event is strictly an even swap, cash or credit cards will not be accepted.

WHEN:
Saturday, June 27th: 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
*Note: Quantities are limited. Event will run only as long as supplies last.

WHERE:
Saturday, June 27th
Rude Recreation Center
2855 W Holden Pl
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 572-4795‎

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Seems like this is being done by a traveling small company, as it's being done in spot locations, one pallet-full at a time. Hence the no-cash/credit restrictions.

Still, not bad. Wish other companies would do the same. Seems like it requires a business license, a wireless EFT card processor, a good CECB coupon order reporting system, and some way to order a pallet of these CECBs at wholesale cost.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I've been assuming it was just a regional decision by DISH. It really only seems to be happening in a few areas, like Denver, New York, and Houston. All things considered, it's not very wide spread.