Dish Network handing out Converters in Houston, Texas this weekend

FleaBee

DTVUSA Rookie
Wanted to let everybody know that Dish Network will be in Houston on Saturday (6-6-09) and Sunday (6-7-09) to give converter boxes to customers who have the $40 government coupon.

It's basically a “Coupon Swap”. I'm not sure which type they're handing out but it sounds like a great deal. You HAVE to bring a valid $40 DTV Coupon. No if's, ands or buts!

The location that the Coupon Swap will be at is:

Cossaboom YMCA at 7903 South Loop East on June 5, or M.D. Anderson Family YMCA at 705 Cavalcade on June 6.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Wouldn't it be nice if they'd do that here? That would be some nationwide promotion wouldn't it? It would end up like Oprah's KFC grilled chicken coupon -- a bust!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Wouldn't it be nice if they'd do that here? That would be some nationwide promotion wouldn't it? It would end up like Oprah's KFC grilled chicken coupon -- a bust!
That grilled chicken is good!!!!!

Anybody ever find out if they're handing out DTVPals?

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Anybody ever find out if they're handing out DTVPals?
I'll bet that's what they are handing out, the others are inferior. I'll also bet they'll have a table touting the benefits of subscribing to DirecTV.

If this one goes well, I'll hope them to have similar "coupon swap" sales booths at county fairs, tiller festivals, car shows, and community carnivals.

Wonder if they'll take in my "user-decommissioned" DTVPal as an exchange???

Last edited:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
You know, the PR of doing something like that might just outweigh whatever they are losing by giving them away. People will remember that Dish has done that. Then they'll ask, What has Comcast/Cox/whoever done for me, except raise their prices?