Disney Channel

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
Disney Channel I used to watch this before but now I rarely do, maybe because I'm somewhat old for it:D. Brings back memories. . . Winnie the pooh? donald duck? dumbo the elephant.:D

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
Disney channel shows up with more re-runs of the same shows and episodes than any other channel. I find myself stopping on "life with derek" and "Lizzie Mc Guire" some times. :)

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
I don't even think Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh are on Disney anymore. Maybe Toon Disney. Seems like they have so many channels out there now, they have to divide them up even more. Anyway yes we did Lizzie McGuire for years, too. As well, as Phil of the Future. Right now the kids are driving me nuts with the Suite Life of Zac & Cody who are now apparently on deck aboard a yacht, the poor babies. Of course, we can't forget the infamous Hannah Montana/Miley Stewart/Cyrus Show. Even my 4 year old niece can sing 'It's the best of both worlds'.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I miss the old time Disney Channel from the early 90's. I remember being a kid and coming home from being at school and watching some of the specials back then like Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck. lol. Ahh, the 90's!

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
I know what you mean. I can remember growing up and looking forward to the movies Disney used to air. I think it was on Sunday night on channel 2, of course that was a long time ago and I may not remember correctly. These were very special occasions and we would have a family night, maybe pop some corn and enjoy the movie. Back then we only got maybe 2,5, & 11 on the regular knob and 17 & 46 on the back knob. Yep, we had knobs to turn channels and the kids were the remote controls.

laparks

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have 2 boys, ages 4 and 6, so we watch alot of Disney Channel, although now not so much of the cartoony ones.

I'm looking at my guide on DirectTV since we don't watch as much, but in the mornings, they have all new stuff then from when I was little (30-years ago.lol) like Higglytown Heroes, Doodlebops, Handy Manny and JoJo's Circus, The Wiggles, Johnny and the Sprites, etc and on the weekends a Winnie the Pooh and Friends and Mickey Mouse clubhouse cartoons.

Both my boys love Hannah Montana, and they also like Cody in the House and Zach and Cody too. We are bad about having background noise and the TV on, but at least I feel ok leaving it set to Disney Channel, when I'm making dinner or housework or whatever and if they happen to glance up at the tv while playing trucks, or playdoh, etc, at least the shows are ok for them, and some of them I don't mind watching either.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Winnie the Pooh and Friends and Mickey Mouse clubhouse cartoons.
LOL as soon as I read, Winnie the Pooh, that theme song came into my head!

Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff.

Can't remember the rest of it, but I'm sure I'll be singing it around the campus this afternoon.....

laparks

DTVUSA Jr. Member
LOL as soon as I read, Winnie the Pooh, that theme song came into my head!

Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff.

Can't remember the rest of it, but I'm sure I'll be singing it around the campus this afternoon.....
LOL - you should check out the new Winnie and Friends show because there's a whole new theme song, which is just as apt to stay stuck in your head!!

:rolleyes:

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Disney is definitely not what it once was. When my daughter was a toddler, The Wiggles, Bear in the Big Blue House, Winnie the Pooh, Stanley, and a few others usually dominated the television screen during the day. Now if she watchs it, it's all about "Hannah Montana".

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Yeah, maybe they should come up with a Disney teen channel. A lot of the shows and movies are geared more toward this age now. For instance, High School Musical and Cheetah Girls (especially the last one) are not really for the younger kids. They do have Playhouse Disney for the younger ones, but it is only on at limited times.

I am still fond of Disney cartoons but it is upto liking only.But is craze for my sons, at present also they are upto some cartoon and are laughing their hearts out.Walt Disney has the best of cartoons and they all are adorable.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
I like the quality of Disney Animated Movies. Although, it seems that Pixar maybe giving them a run for their money. Well maybe not, their animation styles are completely different.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
My son married a young lady that had an 8 year old daughter, so that sweet little girl immediately became our granddaughter. She introduced me to the Disney Channel -- Lizzie McGuirre, That's So Raven, etc. And I fell in love with the Cheetah Girls and Zena! My granddaughter is now 15 and she has been joined by her now 6 year old sister, so we started watching a whole new bunch of programs like the Wiggles and Winnie the Pooh. I must confess I've been known to watch the Disney Channel all by myself. I try not to miss when the Cheetah Girl movies are on. I even saw Camp Rock before my Granddaughters did!

uplana

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Which shows does your family watch the most often on Disney channel? Do you find your kids watching the same episodes over and over again?
It"s really a great channel for kid"s.They can watch it for hour"s.For me "Donald-Duck"is my favourate character.I love due to it"s special voice.

I use to love the disney channel but right now some of the shows I am not a fan of whatsoever...I like Hannah Montana and that is about it...I do like watching their movies once in a while :)