Do I have the right antenna?

I receive local channels over an outdoor VHF antenna. Nothing special but I get the main channels(Fox, NBC...). I hooked up a digital converter box and after completing a channel search it come up with "No Signal". Will this antenna even receive digital television signal?

I receive local channels over an outdoor VHF antenna. Nothing special but I get the main channels(Fox, NBC...). I hooked up a digital converter box and after completing a channel search it come up with "No Signal". Will this antenna even receive digital television signal?
most of your channels in digital will be UHF so you will need a UHF antenna go to www.tvfool.com and put in your address it will tell you all the stations in your area that you can get. if you are going to buy an antenna we have a section http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-reception/703-member-dtv-hd-antenna-reviews.html, I use the antenna craft u8000 antenna but the antenna direct xg91 is really good also, if you can give us the info from tv fool we can make recommendations about antennas etc.:)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Burettaj94, you may want to try a powered antenna that's built to receive both UHF/VHF channels. I always like to recommend purchasing from a store with a good return policy, just in case you don't receive better reception.

You could also try purchasing an in-line amplifier to boost reception, but that isn't always the best fix either, because it also amplifies signal noise.