Do I need a antenna for DTV?

Nilda

DTVUSA Rookie
I have my converter sitting next to the TV as I type this. It's not plugged in or connect to the tv but I need to know if I have to buy a antenna too before I connect everything. Right now my tv has a antenna that came with the TV when I bought it oh like 10-12 years ago so I cant remove it unless you think I can? I hope this is easier than it looks.

Slightly confused.

yes you will need an antenna. Most of digital is on the UHF band with a select few staying on VHF.

Depending on how far you are from transmitters, will depend on what antenna you need. For close range a pair of rabbit ears with a UHF loop will do fine. For farther distances you'll probably need an outdoor antenna.

Go on TVfool enter your address and post your plot here.

TV Fool

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
That was great information! At first, I didn't think I was going to be able to figure out the results, but I just needed to scroll down to the end of the page and see the code. It's really helped me to get a handle on it. In truth, it's like the days before cable. We still have the roof-top antennae, so the channels are pretty much what we got before and then some. Thanks for sharing the link.