Do I need a converter box?

I have a 42 inch JVC HDTV HDMI projection TV. I know I do not need the converter box if I use cable TV, but I do not want to use cable TV. I had our cable shut off because of the rising cost (doubled in 2 years:mad:) and want to be able to receive just a couple of local stations via antenna, for weather and local news. Do I need the converter box or just the digital antenna?

Thanks for the ear,
dgallemani

I have a 42 inch JVC HDTV HDMI projection TV. I know I do not need the converter box if I use cable TV, but I do not want to use cable TV. I had our cable shut off because of the rising cost (doubled in 2 years:mad:) and want to be able to receive just a couple of local stations via antenna, for weather and local news. Do I need the converter box or just the digital antenna?

Thanks for the ear,
dgallemani
how old is the tv does it have a digirtal tuner if so you will not need a converter box. attach an antenna and scan for channels.

how old is the tv does it have a digirtal tuner if so you will not need a converter box. attach an antenna and scan for channels.
I have searched high and low on this TV and have not found a date for when it was made...not even the manual that came with the TV has a date on it.

I bought the TV in mid 2008, new, from AARONS rent to own.. and I did see in very small print... in the manual, under "specifications of product", :

Reception format= NTSC, BTSC, System, Multi Channel Sound, ATSC Terrestrial, Digital Cable.

It was sold to me as digital projection.
Thanks for the ear,
dgallemani