Do I need an outside antanna &Other ???'s

I have been told I don't need an outside antanna, then have been told yes I do need one?? I live45 miles north of columbus Ohio, in town in a high rise appartment compelx we are not allowed outside antannas what so ever will i still get as many channles?? will they be clear on the tv??
I was also told you only get the local channels which is 4,6,&10, &pbs.
does anyone know theanswer to these ??? .. ??? Thank you for your time .
Deb:)

Last edited:
First off welcome!! Go to tvfool.com enter your info. It may depend if you can receive the stations depending on if your apartment faces the stations with a inside antenna.

I have been told I don't need an outside antanna, then have been told yes I do need one?? I live45 miles north of columbus Ohio, in town in a high rise appartment compelx we are not allowed outside antannas what so ever will i still get as many channles?? will they be clear on the tv??
I was also told you only get the local channels which is 4,6,&10, &pbs.
does anyone know theanswer to these ??? .. ??? Thank you for your time .
Deb:)
Ok you may not be able to use an outdoor antenna but you can use a antennas direct db2 or bd 4 and place it on the wall or behind the tv this will give you the best. also you could put a antenna craft u8000 8 bay in an attic or in a upstairs room this would give the best at 45 miles. those that say you need a outdoor antenna are going by the distance in miles, you would get the best reception with an outdoor, also fcc states that if it is required to recive signals that you cannot be denied the right to do so.:)