Do I need to change my outdoor antenna?

Hi, I live in the rural area of Shelby county Ky. Do need to change to an outdoor antenna in order to recieve the DTV signal? We have a converter box
and tried using it with an indoor antaana, but it didn't work.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Hi, I live in the rural area of Shelby county Ky. Do need to change to an outdoor anteena in oder to recieve the signal? We have a converter box
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Use the following link TV Fool to enter your information and post back with the results. This should get the information needed in getting your DTV going.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Hi, I live in the rural area of Shelby county Ky. Do need to change to an outdoor anteena in oder to recieve the signal? We have a converter box
Hello,
Shelby County is a little too broad of an area for us to give a recommendation on what type of antenna might work for you. The link that 1inxs provided will ask for your zipcode or city and state to determine how far away broadcast stations are from your house. If you don't know how to post your results here, you can let us know what your zip code is or city/state and we can post the results here for you.

Piggie

Super Moderator
We can probably get very close to telling you exactly what to buy and if it will work.

But we need a more precise location than you gave.

Go here TV Fool

put in your address and how ever high you think you can put up an antenna. Typical is 20 ft, above that takes more equipment to get it up higher.

Then post the link they give you back here.

If you are familiar with using maps and want a very accurate results.
Go here Google Maps Latitude, Longitude Popup

Use the satellite view if needed to get more precise. Then click on where you live and it will give you the latitude and longitude of your house.

Then enter that in TVFool, instead of an address by clicking Coordinates.

Often in a rural area the coordinates are much more accurate.

Then with the TVFool like to your plot, we can tell you a lot, even if what you see makes no sense.

Thanks for dropping by the forum.