Do small dogs have more teeth problems?

James

DTVUSA Member
Our Japanese spitz has been to the "dentist" twice over the past two years. Both times he has had teeth removed. He is old but always lively. When his teeth were bad he would not eat and would sometimes sign or moan. He was not himself. Bad breath too. Once the teeth were out he was a puppy again. Do the smaller dogs have this problem more than big dogs?

Puppy

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
James,

When I was a paperboy I always had problems with 'ankle-biter' dogs teeth and I never had issues with big dogs teeth. :behindsofa:

Jim

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Little dogs have sharp teeth little and bark a lot. Yap, yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap,yap, yap. All. Day. And. Night. Long.

Can you tell I have lots of little yappy dogs in my neighborhood, and their owners leave them outside?

James

DTVUSA Member
Did you ever have someone tell you it was your fault their unleashed dog ran after you a bit you? I have had several instances where loose dogs, near their owners, ran off their property and bit or tried to bite people or my leashed dog. I was reprimanded for making their dog do it simply by walking by. One time some people said I actually walked onto their property and caused it to happen. Which was hilariously delusional. Except the dog mildly bit my wife on the leg. Then the people got really mad when she said she was going to the hospital and needed to know their info because dog bites get reported to the health dept automatically. I hate that hillbilly mentality. OH..and the times a person is walking their dog, that is pulling wildly and snarling, while the owner chuckles and say "OH she does not bite, She wants to play" and proceeds to let the dog grab onto my dog. Then my wife starts kicking at the dog while the owner acts like she is beating a child. Anyway. Ranting. I just don't get stupid dog owners.

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Oh, yes, I have had dog owners barking at me, unlike the actual dogs! I am a dog fan and I have got two of them with me for over a decade. Regarding big and small dogs, I think bigger ones have got more significant teeth problems. IMO

James

DTVUSA Member
Mine now has most of teeth out. He does OK with little crunchy bones and the softer kind. We feed him canned and healthy table scraps. He likes fried potatoes. He can't hear soft sounds but he can see well and his nose is amazining. He can smell me even if I am hiding outside. We have this game where I try to hide after he goes out for the night. Even if the grill has some meat odor he can zone in on me, inside a tool shed or some other hiding place.

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
That's cute! Fried potatoes are a huge no-no for dogs, though (as far as I know). Our vet has told us to stay away from those and onions. Mine cannot see very well, but she smells EVERYTHING!!!