Do the return kits even work? Literally the WORST service I've ever had to deal with.

To make a long story short I cancelled my terrible Direct TV service in October and ordered a return kit the week after. Once I got it I was told many different stories on who can take it etc. but finally, FINALLY a UPS store accepted it and it was sent on its way with all the crap Direct TV gave us - four boxes, cables, and their remotes - sans the dish still on my roof.

It's now November and I just received a 300 dollar bill for non-return fees. Did that box not MAKE it? WHY am I being charged for this? I already have to fight Time Warner on a charge they added for no reason, and now this?! At least TWC's charge was 50 dollars but this...this is just too much.

No receipt was given at the store so I can't prove I sent it but surely the tracking number and boxes' serial numbers will let them know they're from my account, right? I'm already stressed enough as it is and I can't afford all these ups and downs. I can see why people have cut TV altogether and stuck to Netflix/Hulu. Cable is not worth all this hassle.

This question, "Do the return kits even work? Literally the WORST service I've ever had to deal with.," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.