Do you eat Organic Foods?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Anyone eat organic food or is it a complete farce? I started buying more organic stuff last year when I started "trying" to lose weight. Not sure if it's helped me lose any more weight but psychologically I think it's helped motivate me and helped me read more food labels.

I don't believe 'organic' food (meaning from nature) is true terminology. so-called 'Organic' milk is just soy milk. not real.

Beef is organic since it's from an animal (can't get more natural than that) but 'organic' is pasted only on the 'gardenburgers' here in the 'nature's market' aisle in Kroger.

milk is real only if it's real milk. not soy milk. and no, i don't eat 'fakes' since not only do i care nothing about what's in my food, but only the taste, but i also don't worry about every little thing and i am not a vegan and never will be. i'm someone who is never afraid of a cake or ice cream cone. i just can't believe 'dieting' is natural nor healthy. exercise is the only way to truly (and healthily ) lose weight. dieting is more harmful than anything.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I don't believe 'organic' food (meaning from nature) is true terminology. so-called 'Organic' milk is just soy milk. not real.

Beef is organic since it's from an animal (can't get more natural than that) but 'organic' is pasted only on the 'gardenburgers' here in the 'nature's market' aisle in Kroger.
I was always under the impression that organic food was: no preservatives added or artificial flavorings, no hormones, no antibiotics, etc.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
re: soy

DTVuser2009 said.

I don't believe 'organic' food (meaning from nature) is true terminology. so-called 'Organic' milk is just soy milk. not real. ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingo, and there's been plenty of research and scientific conclusions about soy products (containing tons of plant estrogens) VS breast cancer in women.

This is not the place for me to comment much more about this, but its a BOILING HOT topic for me. I have had BC appear WAY too many times in my family and in friends. No Tofu-rkey ever in my house. :mad: In my opinion, it's genetic poison (depending on the woman's hormone receptors).
Jim

PS: Ladies, please get an annual mammogram.

Last edited:
i think as long as it's from nature, an animal, or fruit or vegetable, it should be called 'organic' but instead, things like soy milk are labeled 'organic' and fake beef is called 'organic' and various others.

it's a gimmick anymore and incorrect. to sell. people see 'organic' and if they're health fanatics (the kind which should have 4 stomachs--ruffage eaters, ruminants) they fall into the lust for them, blindingly assume that it's the one.

I don't care about that. a few extra years in my life is not worth being afraid of food. if i want a strawberry pie, i'm eating a strawberry pie!!!

i refuse to eat anything with the words 'bran' 'oats' 'whole wheat' 'fiber' 'organic' in the title. i just can't understand why anyone would force-feed themselves goat feed just to live a few more years.

Now the commercials are ruining kids. maybe it's just my childhood nostalgia but i just cannot imagine kids who'd rather eat cauliflower over popcorn (Hidden Valley) or the kind who are the 'Mikey Likes It' types. there's countless commercials with those kids who apparently love bland non-honey-nut cheerios, which, i don't understand why it exists. i compared the nutrition facts between Honey Nut Cheerios to plain Cheerios and they're exactly alike!

and i believed that old LIFE cereal ad. in the 1980s, to find out that it's horrible. just chex mix without the chex.

The other Mikey-style ad today is the one where the little boy wants the 'Fiber One' vs. potato chips. sheesh...what are we doing to kids today?! what's next? Prune Juice over Coca Cola? heck the poor child isn't even in his 80s and they're giving them that old person felgercarb!

Last edited:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
It costs too much. I've had a very limited exposure to organic but in the last year I have eaten various so called organic foods. Overall, they taste okay but they are priced out of my $$ market.

The show 'Everybody Loves Raymond' said it best about Tofu. that was not only hilarious, but realistic. i mean, it doesn't really taste that good or look right...

Damnit Jim! i'm a deer lover, not a deer!

I guess that would depend on how you view it. Organic simply means that during the planting and harvesting process no chemical fertilizers or insecticides were used. In the case of animals, they are feed on organic crops. Based on the theory that organic food is more natural and healthier because they have little or no chemicals in them, they are sold at a higher price. Most people that think they are worth it, buy it; just for little peace of mind. Who can blame them? Foods nowadays get genetically infused and chemically sprayed just to last longer and look nicer.

What difference does it make so long as it tastes good, and doesn't send me to the toilet or hospital?

around here, the word 'organic' is pasted on 'fake' foods. the beef is not beef but soy. the milk comes from beans. i'm sure in a few cases that's not the case but to me 'organic' falls into the same category as 'diet soda'. i don't like the taste of it and my body doesn't agree with it.

Piggie

Super Moderator
What difference does it make so long as it tastes good, and doesn't send me to the toilet or hospital?
See that is the question. How soon does it make you go to the hospital? Right now or 45 years later?

I eat a lot of organically grown food. I find if you look you find it just about as cheap as regular food, save the meats that are very expensive. I don't eat a lot of meat, daily but not big portions. But I do find the organic veggies taste more like they taste out of my garden.

I don't just buy organic. I will go in Mother Earth and see what they have. There is also a large organic farm just down the road from me (5 miles) and buying direct from them is very reasonable.

They don't charge more just because it's organic, it costs more to grow them. Food has gotten very cheap in my life time do to mass chemical farming and genetic engineered crops. The incidence of some disease also parallels the same time frame as these new farming technics.

It seems this thread wandering into some abuse of the labeling of Organic.

Unlike you, i don't worry about what's going to happen in 45 years. i could be hit by a drunk driver, murdered in the bank teller line, shot in a convienience store, die from H1N1, and i'm worried about FOOD?!

Stress, not high blood pressure, leads to more strokes than you'd think. stress over worrying about the inevitable also weakens the immune system. there is zero vaccinne for stress. unlike you health fanatics, i don't worry about death. it's going to happen someday, get used to it. i would prefer myself to die young than have to live the life of a 90-year-old man. AND never see it coming. unexpected death is so much more natural and peaceful than having your family help you pick out your coffin and various other things because they found out you had some sort of terminal cancer or disease and for some reason, the doctor thinks he's God and tells you how long you have left to live.

THEY DON'T KNOW THAT!!!

Death is supposed to be unexpected and natural. if you like 'organic' so much, try to have an 'organic' death. last thing i'd want is to hear the EKG machine ticking away in ICU. that's no way to go.

Last edited: