Do you have season sets of 24 on DVD?

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
As a die-hard fan of 24, I find that owning the season sets on DVD is probably the best way to enjoy the series, especially if for some reason you miss one or two episodes during a particular season. I started to get them slowly; I only owned Season (or Day) One for about one year, then last year I bought Season Two, then this year I got Seasons Three through Six.

Right now the only 24 DVD I don't have is the one for the two-hour Day Seven prequel (Redemption), but by spring or summer I might have that too.

How about any other DTV USA forum members? Do you feel the same way?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Nope. I don't watch the show. I watched season 1 and was outraged by the ending scenes and vowed never to watch it again. I broke that vow for a couple of shows only because Michael Shanks guest starred in them and my love of Michael outweighed my hatred for 24. Never again, unless Michael shows up, which won't happen.

I have seen the various DVD boxsets of 24 on sale fairly often for a good price, but unfortunately I have yet to ever watch a single episode of the show, and have my doubts that I would be able to get into it. The price may be good, but it'd still be money spent and I want to make sure i'll like it.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Yes, I prefer to watch many TV series on DVD sets as well.

24 is a prime example of the continuous story, that benefits from this kind of treatment. Most shows that have an overarching plot are superior as well.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Yes, I prefer to watch many TV series on DVD sets as well.

24 is a prime example of the continuous story, that benefits from this kind of treatment. Most shows that have an overarching plot are superior as well.
One series I'd love to get - aside from 24, obviously - is Smallville. It's sort of a combination of episodic/continuous story lines. I actually watched Season One on the old WB Network, but for some reason I tuned out and never got back into it....and I am a big Superman fan!