Do you own any albums by American Idol contestants?

Since the whole point of the American Idol show is supposed to be to help find the latest big things in music, many of the shows winners and sometimes even runner up's end up being signed to long term recording contracts, and then selling lot's of records.

Do you own any albums by American Idol contestants, and if so how many?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
... and many of them end up going nowhere and being dropped by their labels. Still, they get a shot, and that's what Idol is about -- getting your chance. However, no, I don't own a single CD by any of the Idol's alums.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Albums are so 1980s. I cannot remember the last album I bought, by any artist.

As it is, I have purchase MP3s by Kelly Clarkson, Katherine McPhee, Chris Daughtry, David Cook, Carrie Underwood, and Alison Iraheta. I've also used our Zune subscription to get MP3s from Diana Degarmo, and Adam Lambert.

I still regularly buy CD's quite often, and I really don't like to buy MP3's since it just doesn't feel the same as holding that CD case in your hand and looking through the liner notes and so on, and MP3's can never capture that same feeling.

Honestly I would much rather buy the CD's and rip the MP3's myself, if I want to have an album on my MP3 player.

dave73

DTVUSA Member
I only have albums by Kelly Clarkson & Chris Daughtry (Daughtry). The other contestants don't peak my interest, except maybe David Cook, and I haven't decided if I'll buy his album. I'm with AstralEclipse at owning the album rather than buying the downloadable album. That way, I have a physical copy if something happens to the copy I have made mp3's from. I would be forced to buy the downloadable copy again if something happened to the album if it got deleted from my computer, or from the mp3 player. Yes, I could make my own once I bought the downloadable version, but since it usually costs the same for both the downloadable & the CD copy, I'd rather have the physical copy.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I really loved hearing my favorites while watching the show, and if I happen to hear them on the radio and it is a song I like, I will listen to it. But, I have never bought a single mp3, cd, album etc. from any of the contestants. The only thing I have really invested is my time in the show. I'm not sure why, but I guess even though there is a lot of talent there, it just doesn't interest me enough to buy their music.

yazmeen

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have an album of Carrie Underwood. I really like how she sings, I always feel the song coming from the heart and most of the time I can relate to it even if it was an old song from other artists...

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I really think the ones that do the best are the ones that DIDN'T win... They aren't locked into a contract like the winners are.

Nope, Don't own any albums by contestants, winners or loosers.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I find American Idol music way to mainstream which is basically what the show is about in the first place. I hate the music but love watching the show. :)

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Buying a whole album? Well, remember the "good old days" when you could buy an "ALBUM" and play it all the way through and there wasn't a bad song on it, not one stinker? Maybe one or two you liked a bit less, but you could play it start to finish and be happy. Now when you get a CD, you'll get one or two good songs, a bunch of mediocre tunes, and a few real stinkers.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I find American Idol music way to mainstream which is basically what the show is about in the first place. I hate the music but love watching the show. :)

My sentiments exactly! Although if it came down to it and I just had to buy, Carrie Underwood would have the best chances. I am not usually a fan of the newer country music, but I like her a lot, with Kelley Clarkson coming in second...and that is just as far as having to buy a song or album. Talent wise I think Aiken is probably the best idol ever voice-wise, but his music bores me.

Ok. My favorite American Idol was Carrie Underwood. She has one of the most amazing voices out there and if country were to ever get banned for some odd reason, she could totally go for different genres. Therefore, I have her albums!!! Some Hearts, Carnival Ride, and Play On :D

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Ok. My favorite American Idol was Carrie Underwood. She has one of the most amazing voices out there and if country were to ever get banned for some odd reason, she could totally go for different genres. Therefore, I have her albums!!! Some Hearts, Carnival Ride, and Play On :D
Oh yeah, Carrie could definitely pull off other genres with ease, just as she did on the show. I agree too that she does have an amazing voice.