Do you play any sports?

As a kid, I used to love playing some sports such as Baseball and Basketball, although I was never especially good at it...I would still end up having a lot of fun.

Anyone else currently play anything, or USED to play sports for that matter?

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
I played baseball and football when I was in high school. I played 3b and DE, but i tore my ACL and that effectively ended my sports career as I went on to pursue other interests.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Not in a long time. Growing up, I played Bobby Sox Softball and high school softball. Also high school bowling and I did a stint as captain of the swim team, though I didn't swim in competition. Played in a bowling league for a while. It was all fun.

I haven't really played any sports in a long time, but i'd love to give Baseball another shot if the opportunity ever presented itself to play a game somewhere or another.

But yeah, I was never especially good at anything but I still had fun.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I used to play all kinds of sports in school, but now I usually just play basketball with my kid, and roller skating, if you consider that a sport :).

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
You spent a lot of time in gym class. A lot of money went to your Phys Ed dept (I know my school got a mac for the Phys Ed dept, before any other subjects did!)

You learned... Football, soccer, and dodge ball.
When was the last time you played any of the sports you learned in phys. ed?
What good does that money and time spent in gym class do you now? NONE.

Phys Ed dollars should be spent teaching things you can do FOR A LIFETIME.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Let's see -- in my P.E. classes throughout the years, we played softball, volleyball, tennis, and more. Softball I continued to play for years. Volleyball I played at events, and tennis frequently with friends. LOL -- so for me, what we did in P.E. actually did carry over for a long time in my life.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
You spent a lot of time in gym class. A lot of money went to your Phys Ed dept (I know my school got a mac for the Phys Ed dept, before any other subjects did!)

You learned... Football, soccer, and dodge ball.
When was the last time you played any of the sports you learned in phys. ed?
What good does that money and time spent in gym class do you now? NONE.

Phys Ed dollars should be spent teaching things you can do FOR A LIFETIME.
P.E. was a pure joke at my school, and not worth the time. The sports I usually played were team sports for my school ( soccer, softball, track)...but P.E. was more of a social gathering with half the kids bringing in excuse notes daily. I 100% agree with you...either teach more valuable skills in P.E. or replace it with classes that will stay with kids for life.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Let's see -- in my P.E. classes throughout the years, we played softball, volleyball, tennis, and more. Softball I continued to play for years. Volleyball I played at events, and tennis frequently with friends. LOL -- so for me, what we did in P.E. actually did carry over for a long time in my life.
You had much better P.E. classes than I did. The exercise consisted of walking every other day...and I knew how to do that well before P.E. class ( but I get it, they are trying to teach how walking is healthy), and on the other days it was basically "free for all" where you could choose which sport you wanted to play, but there was no direction or coaching so basically those that had no clue how to play any sports were lost.

felics

DTVUSA Member
If chess is a sport, then that is where my interest lies and I'm just an average player compared to the others. I played badminton in high school and some volleyball.