Do you save all your shows for the weekend?

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
Do you DVR your shows and then catch up on a specific day or do you watch them live? I tend to do both, only because while they are live you can often enter tweetchat and talk to one of the creators or actors about the show which means you miss the episode. I also watch some shows that I don't want the kids watching, like Criminal Minds so I have to watch them while they are either at school or sleeping. Criminal minds comes on at 8 here and bedtime is 830.

Do you DVR your shows and then catch up on a specific day
Nope. No DVRs. I got over the recording phase, mid-90s. I figured out one thing about all those video recorders -- they break. They break faster than any other component of your entertainment center, plus they're a hassle to program. You add it all up, and it ain't worth it. If I like a movie or series that much, I buy the DVDs.

I'm waiting for the day when you can get anything you want, anytime, cheap from the cloud.

Rick

One thing I like since we currently get AT&T U-Verse, is they make a number of the shows available "On Demand" so we don't have to DVR everything. This is saving me money by Momma not buying as many series on DVD as we did in the past!

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Do you DVR your shows and then catch up on a specific day or do you watch them live?
I tend to watch most shows via streaming (Netflix and Hulu Plus) or DVD. I will try to watch things live that have voting (like Dancing with the Stars and The Voice) or that I'm watching with family (Downton Abbey). However, I don't wait until any specific day or time to watch, I just watch each show when I feel like it.

Most of my shows I watch with other people. So every week is a big ordeal in which we're all really excited to watch a show but can't find a common free time. Needless to say, it's very difficult to resist the urge to just watch it by myself. But you know what they say, yelling at a screen is more fun with other people.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
Most of my shows I watch with other people. So every week is a big ordeal in which we're all really excited to watch a show but can't find a common free time. Needless to say, it's very difficult to resist the urge to just watch it by myself. But you know what they say, yelling at a screen is more fun with other people.
I don't know who the "they" is that says that, but I do about the same. Friends record it, we all get together and watch the episodes of stuff every couple of weeks. It's a lot of fun, save for the times when our discussion overwhelms the episode. Only "Live" stuff for me is Sports and the occasional TV show in prime time when I'm uber-bored.