Does this show even need a host?

This show has been through so many changes over the years that I've started to wonder, why even have a host? When I watch, I usually just mute the host until the videos start.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I suppose AFHV does still require a host; it's a television convention that some viewers - particularly older ones - would feel disoriented without it. For younger people more used to going to YouTube and picking out their own videos, a host might feel unnecessary. Also, advertisers like the safety of sticking to tried and true techniques in variety shows like AFHV.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
This show has been through so many changes over the years that I've started to wonder, why even have a host? When I watch, I usually just mute the host until the videos start.
LOL. I have to agree with you on that one. I have a Tivo that I adore for the very reason I can fast foward thru certain irritations, commercials, etc. Before Tivo, I would mute the host too. I enjoy watching the videos, for the most part.

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
Ha Ha me too I'm just after the funny videos and for me the host's long speech makes it somewhat boring.:mad: But I do not end muting up the television.:D

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Some people may actually enjoy the host's style of humor. I am not one of them. If I wanted to watch stand up comedy I would tune in to the Comedy Channel. I watch the show as the others have said to see the occasional amusing video that might turn up. I have noticed that sometimes they will rerun a video clip mixed in with newer ones. Are they not getting enough fresh material?

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
A host would be "bearable" only if he has some witty remarks and short bits of talking. Since AFHV hasn't really had that kind of host, it'd be better if there were none. :)

Froix

DTVUSA Member
What's funny about the whole thing is they kept getting hosts with similar sense of humor. It's the same nice clean corny jokes every time which I guess is good for the kids. Corny is good sometimes even if it makes you cringe.

I guess a host is still required for some of the viewers to feel like they know what is going on and like sanju123 said, connect to what is happening on the show. The host is like that connection that bridges the viewers with the show's happenings, although not entirely necessary - it's just that extra touch. lol

MacGyver

DTVUSA Member
I don't care for the head, gut or groin segment they added to the show. But, that's just my opinion. I do believe they could do a better job, of getting a host that would appeal to a larger variety of people. I do realize you aren't going to be able to please everybody all the time, but please try.

Mei

DTVUSA Member
of course the show needs a host. i can not imagine it without a host. who will introduce and start the show? are they just going to air the show without a host talking about what's happening? i think it's not possible.

jack

DTVUSA Member
usually i will also do like this only.i will reduce the sound till video comes.i am so eager to watch this program but during that time, this will make me irritate.

jamesb

DTVUSA Member
I used to watch this show a lot but the only thing that I did not like were the hosts. They used to make really corny comments which kind of ruined the show for me. I would much rather just see all the funny clips.