Dogs barking when tv dogs bark!

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
So my dogs have taken a liking to barking whenever the tv dogs do, and the bird has taken to screeching whenever commercials like for Febreeze come on... anyone else constantly hitting mute to keep the pets quiet? lol:canada:

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Well our dogs don't bark when other dogs bark on the tv or a sound app that my husband has on the phone. But its actually funny because they will start to growl and there hair on there back stands up. I have actually gotten really annoyed with the dogs barking. Because now they bark anytime my husband is not home and its just me and the kids and there is any noise outside. Normally I wouldn't mind, considering it lets me know when something is near and I can't hear. But here as of late, its driving me bat crazy!

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
My parrot loves some theme song music from TV shows and especially music in musical movies like Fiddler On The Roof. He sings along! Is he a Jewish Parrot? LOL+

Jim

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
Sounds like a call to the dog Whisperer is in order - are you sure you are their pack leader?
HAHAH not sure at all!! In fact when I put on the dog whisperer they all follow his commands to sit and what not. Its amusing. They also like wolf shows.
Anyone else's cats like to "hunt" and cant figure out why the tv is hiding the bird or whatever thats on the screen? lol animals are funny

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I'm extremely jealous of your pets. My dog doesn't react in any way to TV noises. Not dog barks, not whistles, nothing. The only exception is the doorbell sound. Sometimes that gets his ears to twitch.

Besides that, he's quite the passive creature.

Fringe Reception

Staff member
Wow, That would be kind of cool, never heard a parrot even talk. What color is it?
He's mainly green with a little blue. He goes through phases and is talkative or is not talkative, but when I am leaving the house he always says "I'll be baaack" ...

Jim

Last edited:
Well our dogs don't bark when other dogs bark on the tv or a sound app that my husband has on the phone. But its actually funny because they will start to growl and there hair on there back stands up. I have actually gotten really annoyed with the dogs barking. Because now they bark anytime my husband is not home and its just me and the kids and there is any noise outside. Normally I wouldn't mind, considering it lets me know when something is near and I can't hear. But here as of late, its driving me bat crazy!
My cat doesn't respond to the TV at all, but she will wait until I'm home alone and start staring into a dark room with her fur raised on end. It creeps me out! She's also hissed when nothing's there, too. I don't know if she only does this when I'm home alone with her or if I only actually notice it then, but it is creeeepy. I know that supposedly animals can sense things we can't, so I'm wondering if that's the case or if I just watch too much horror!

Fringe Reception

Staff member
... Anyone else's cats like to "hunt" and cant figure out why the tv is hiding the bird or whatever thats on the screen? lol animals are funny
Marisa,

When I was a teen, my cat often napped on top of the nice warm TV set and whenever there was a football game showing, he would paw the screen from above trying to break plays. Thanks for the memory revival!

Jim

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
My Cassie loves to watch TV and she definitely responds to canine speech on TV. The other two dogs also respond but not as much. When Cassie even sees a dog on TV, she runs up to the TV for a closer look.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
I don't really have a dog, but I always visit friends with dogs and I've never witnessed something like that. Maybe because those dogs are mostly smallish, maybe they don't react to serious barking as theirs is mostly squeaking? :D

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
My cat doesn't respond to the TV at all, but she will wait until I'm home alone and start staring into a dark room with her fur raised on end. It creeps me out! She's also hissed when nothing's there, too. I don't know if she only does this when I'm home alone with her or if I only actually notice it then, but it is creeeepy. I know that supposedly animals can sense things we can't, so I'm wondering if that's the case or if I just watch too much horror!

It basically depends on if you are a believer of things like that. I personally, I am! But that is only because I grew up with things like that. I mean I watched my grandmother choke one night, by something you couldn't even see. But the dog could... Dog went nuts. But I have learned that cats are called "keepers of the souls" for a reason. Most Ghosts or whatever you wish to call them, do NOT like cats! Normally the "Ghost" will actually not come near you if you have a cat next to you. But, don't think that because every time your cat does that, that it is neccerally bad. because its actually not. But before I go into more Ill just leave you to just that. Like I said it depends on IF YOU BELIEVE in things like that.

It basically depends on if you are a believer of things like that. I personally, I am! But that is only because I grew up with things like that. I mean I watched my grandmother choke one night, by something you couldn't even see. But the dog could... Dog went nuts. But I have learned that cats are called "keepers of the souls" for a reason. Most Ghosts or whatever you wish to call them, do NOT like cats! Normally the "Ghost" will actually not come near you if you have a cat next to you. But, don't think that because every time your cat does that, that it is neccerally bad. because its actually not. But before I go into more Ill just leave you to just that. Like I said it depends on IF YOU BELIEVE in things like that.
I get extremely paranoid when I'm home alone, so I don't know if I'm just being a chicken or what. I do believe in the paranormal to a certain extent, as I have seen some unexplainable things. I'll just have to keep my cat nearby when I'm home alone!

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I get extremely paranoid when I'm home alone, so I don't know if I'm just being a chicken or what. I do believe in the paranormal to a certain extent, as I have seen some unexplainable things. I'll just have to keep my cat nearby when I'm home alone!
If you start to feel paranoid about things being in your home while you are alone. Take a camera with a flash and take pictures of places in your home that you feel the most paranoid in. Either you will get nothing in the picture or you might get what looks like smoke floating in the air. But I suggest you do not take a picture of a mirror... Been there done that, never again... My mother actually has a photo that she took of a house that we had just moved into. The picture is shot in the door way of the kitchen. You literally see a full figure of a man standing in the kitchen. If you would actually like to talk more about it let me know.

Our dog doesn't bark but she will put her front paws on the TV stand and growl and whine her "I want to Play" whine at ANY animal activity on the screen. My kids love a show on Disney called Dog with a Blog and she will literally come from where ever she is when she hears the theme song HA! Its Rosie's show :)

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Our dog doesn't bark but she will put her front paws on the TV stand and growl and whine her "I want to Play" whine at ANY animal activity on the screen. My kids love a show on Disney called Dog with a Blog and she will literally come from where ever she is when she hears the theme song HA! Its Rosie's show :)
Ironically, I am 25 and I like the show Dog with a Blog. As to why, not really sure..... :s But as far as our dogs watching the show they wont normally watch the kids shows. But for someone unknown reason they will actually sit and watch things like storm chasers, basically anything destructive. But they seem so interested in it, its really weird.

Ironically, I am 25 and I like the show Dog with a Blog. As to why, not really sure..... :s But as far as our dogs watching the show they wont normally watch the kids shows. But for someone unknown reason they will actually sit and watch things like storm chasers, basically anything destructive. But they seem so interested in it, its really weird.
That is funny. Our dog is only interested in animals, doesn't matter what kind of animal she just loves to watch.

I don't have any pets but this would be too funny to see. It's like one baby crying when it hears another baby crying. Maybe this is one of the reasons I don't have pets yet. My kids make enough noise for me I don't know how I would deal with animals too.