Question: Dont know what antenna to get

I have the same problems. It took me years to learn to cut copy paste. Never had much use for computer until recently. I've got 48 years experience in hooking wires to antenna terminals. If computers would have required antennas right from the start I would have been more interested in them years ago. We really need to see a tv fool report to be of much help.
Steve

I have the same problems. It took me years to learn to cut copy paste. Never had much use for computer until recently. I've got 48 years experience in hooking wires to antenna terminals. If computers would have required antennas right from the start I would have been more interested in them years ago. We really need to see a tv fool report to be of much help.
Steve
Steve, we are polar opposites. I have 42 years experience programming computers. Was one of the first in line to get an HP 65 programmable calculator (which was a computer, according to HP and US customs) in '72.

Here's a link to his generic TV Fool report: TV Fool. Looks like he might need more than one antenna, but I don't have time to study it tonight. Exact address would be better, for sure.

Rick

criscokid

DTVUSA Rookie
xxx xxxx xxxx calhoun falls sc 29628. Looking at it 18 green 14,42 yellow 9,12,21,36,6,7,16,25,13,45,31,50,46,11 all red all others gray. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim5506

DTVUSA Member
Most are about 65 miles SE of you at Augusta, but there are strong NBC and FOX stations north of you.

How high can you get the antenna?

At 65 ft AGL you can get good reception from both north and SE.

There are Channels on 7 and 9 toward Greenville and ABC 13 way up on top of a mountain to the north.

Toward Augusta there is a CBS on 12.

At 35 ft AGL you get about 1/4 of the signal strength as at 65 but still receivable with a large UHF/VHF antenna probably with a pre-amp.

There is one PBS station on channel 6 to the SSE, but there are 3 or 4 other PBS stations all around.

Now, what to do. The CM 3761 is a all channel antenna that would get you even channel 6.

If you have more than 1 TV, using a rotator for Augusta and Greenville could be problematic, you want to watch Greenville, the Mrs wants to watch Augusta - who wins.

TV Fool report at 35 ft AGL.

TV Fool report at 65 ft AGL.

Last edited:
That is a real monster of an antenna. It should get you some channels when aimed toward them. With only one low band channel. and PBS being available on other channels unless I really wanted channel 6 for some personal reason I wouldn't have chosen an antenna with low band capability. If the price was right and you have the ability to work with such a large antenna it could work out. I wouldn't expect a full channel selection from a single aim with any antenna at your location.
Steve

Last edited: