DTV Blues

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I just purchased a digital converter box for my mother yesterday and she is already raising cane. For some reason channels she used to be able to get reasonable clear are just freezing the video while the sound continues to come in just fine. Also it seems as if the channels are skipping frequencies too. Our channel 46 is coming in on 47 now and our channel 55 is coming in on 39 now. whats up with all of this?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason channels she used to be able to get reasonable clear are just freezing the video while the sound continues to come in just fine.
Does she use an antenna? Is it a powered antenna? Roof mounted?

Also it seems as if the channels are skipping frequencies too. Our channel 46 is coming in on 47 now and our channel 55 is coming in on 39 now. whats up with all of this?
Are the channels constantly switching around, or have the channels switched since adding the converter box?

After connecting our converter box, most of our channels stayed the same with the exception of some channels having multiple programming(Like channel 12 became 12-1, 12-2, 12-3). It is possible that some of your analog stations are broadcasting on different channels for dtv, the best way to verify this is by checking with local television stations (on their webpage or by giving them a call.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
A friend of mine uses rabbit ears and he does get a pretty good signal. I guess his house is just in a good location to get the signal or something.
I should have noted that I actually use rabbit ears too, but my house is literally 5 miles from the broadcast antennas. :D