DTV Box stopped working

tdepra

DTVUSA Rookie
I purchased 2 Magnavox DTV Boxes on 10/9/08. We hooked them up that week and they worked fine. We unhooked them because we didn't need them yet and our antenna gave us the channels we needed. In the middle of January we thought we should go ahead and hook them back up since the transition was happening soon. The one box didn't work and it was used once. So I took it back to Walmart and they would return it but only give me $10 back because I used a voucher card and the voucher cards are only good for 90 days, so they couldn't transfer the discount to the new dtv box because I was past that. I didn't think that was right but Walmart couldn't do anything for me so I thought there was another way to get a box and not have to pay the addl. money we don't have. I want to give the box back that doesn't work, I just want a replacement. So is there any help you can give me? Thanks.

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Walmart return receipt expired, but has the Magnavox warranty?

If the boxes came with a warranty disclaimer that goes past that 90 days, you should try contacting Magnavox directly, and tell them of your problem.

They might be able to do a service refurbishment at little or no cost. Their customer support line is: 1-800-605-8610 (only option for this Walmart box)

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I purchased 2 Magnavox DTV Boxes on 10/9/08. We hooked them up that week and they worked fine. We unhooked them because we didn't need them yet and our antenna gave us the channels we needed. In the middle of January we thought we should go ahead and hook them back up since the transition was happening soon. The one box didn't work and it was used once. So I took it back to Walmart and they would return it but only give me $10 back because I used a voucher card and the voucher cards are only good for 90 days, so they couldn't transfer the discount to the new dtv box because I was past that. I didn't think that was right but Walmart couldn't do anything for me so I thought there was another way to get a box and not have to pay the addl. money we don't have. I want to give the box back that doesn't work, I just want a replacement. So is there any help you can give me? Thanks.
The converter box you returned should have not only had a warranty from Walmart, but from the converter box manufacture too. What Walmart should have done is exchange the converter box for another type or the same type. It doesn't sound like you can do anything now without a receipt or converter box and now that you've received $10 back from Walmart.