Question: Dtv channels out in bell fl area?

GLITTER

DTVUSA Rookie
HAVE CONVERTER BOX & NOT ALL THE SUDDEN CAN GET NO SIGNAL. NO CHANNELS. LIVE CLOSE TO SUWANNEE RIVER. 40 MILES WEST OF GAINESVILLE FL.
MOTHER HAS USED THIS WITH OUTSIDE ANTENNA SINCE IT CHANGED OVER. FOR A LONG TIM COULD GET ALL THE LOCAL CHANNELS. THEN STARTED GETTING WHERE IF U GOT METV IN U COULDN'T GET YHE OTHER CHANNELS. NOW CAN'T GET ANY OF THEM EXCEPT THE 3 DIFFERENT CHANNEL 5's WE'VE CHECKED EVERY WIRE, CONNECTIONS & ANTENNA WIRES.FOR A LONG TIME WE COULD GET ALL CHANNELS' (3) OF THE CHANNEL 5, CHANNEL 20.1, 20.2, 28.1, 28.2, 9.1, 9.2, ONCE IN AWHILE CH 51.1 AND SOMETIMES LATE AT NIGHT 51.2. THEN IT STARTED GETTING WHERE IF U TURN ANTENNA(outside) & GET 9 IN U CAN'T GET ANYTHING ELSE. THEN THE OTHER DAY NO MATTER WHERE U TURN IT U CAN'T GET ANY OF THEM IN EXCEPT THE CHANNELS 5 IN & OUT. WE HAVE THE AMPLIFIER ON IT TOO & HAVE CHKED EVERYTHING PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THIS AREA ALL THE SUDDEN OR WHAT?

I think there are two clues in your post as to what the problem could be, and what it probably isn't. If you still receive channel 5 the converter box is probably still working. You make mention of an amplifier. Both amplifiers and amplifier power supplies do fail. Checked wires.
Did you disconnect them and check for continuity and shorts end to end using an ohm meter, or low voltage continuity checker.
Baluns do fail. The only way I know to test that is replace the balun.
Is there new blockage of signal a new building, or tree that grew higher.
You will need to ask someone in your area if there is a local transmitter problem. You could ask the broadcaster.
Steve