DTV Conversion Conspiracy of Cable TV???

bbknox

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I think the DTV conversion is a conspiracy between the government and cable TV to get everyone to connect to cable.

I bought a Zenith converter box, and the antenna and amp recommended by Cowboy for Christ (Thanks Cowboy :)) and still have reception issues.

On top of that we have a 27 inch tv when I adjust the format I either get
a black square around the picture or black bars at the top and bottom or part of the picture is cut off.

Not to mention the sound problems...

It seems the only way to get decent reception when it is breezy, get full screen images in the correct proportion is to have cable installed.

Give me back my analog TV with decent reception on 10 channels that will stay on when it rains or the wind blows. It is much better than having 30 channels that you can not depend on from the begining to the end of a program.

Last edited:
The boxes around the picture i9s because it is in HD and your set is not there should be a full screen in the options on the box this should fix that. Refresh my memory zip code to check things if you got the 91-xg tilt it 15 degrees up and see if that helps.

bbknox

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The boxes around the picture i9s because it is in HD and your set is not there should be a full screen in the options on the box this should fix that. Refresh my memory zip code to check things if you got the 91-xg tilt it 15 degrees up and see if that helps.
Hi Cowboy,

Our zip is 29654. We didn't tilt the antenna although we did the stack setup like you said. The major stations come in most of time unless the wind blows a little, then we get pixelated pictures. Sometimes the station will start to pixelate and just go off. Several of the extra channels we get are the same programs on different stations. If one of those goes off or gets bad we can get the program on another station.

Right now we have a DTV TR-40 hooked up. It has the format button on the remote but the "full" button causes the picture to be cut off on the sides. This causes text on programs to be cut off. Even on this setting some programs have the black square or borders on the top & bottom. Sometimes it looks like it is set on Zoom when it is set on Full.

Another strange thing is we get stations added but don't get a signal. Then those channels will disapear after a while.

Thanks for your help again.

The tr-40 was the first run for the tv pal boxes the dtvpal-plus got a tuner up grade which was one of the weak spots for the tr-40 I use the dtv-pal plus and it does well. boxes like tvs have different tuners some stronger than others. I would like to see what a box with a stronger tuner would do on your setup, if you could borrow one from some one a zenith or insignia box or the dtvpal plus. I thi9nk the tilt on the 91-xg and a stronger tuner might just solve your problem. once you get it tweaked its good.