Question: Dtv converter box or tv converter box

LAFRENCH

DTVUSA Rookie

hello, i am in nashville,tn and i am looking for a dtv or a converter box for my t.v. That's what i call it. Does anyone know how to get the $40.00 government coupon to get the dtv as soon as possible. I just had major surgery and i can't do anything else right now but watch t.v. And i'm having a real hard time right now any help would be great right now. Thanks ahead of time. Stay kewl nashville...,,,,,,,

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
The coupon program expired a year ago, and they are all expired. if you get a box it will be full price. You might try:
Ebay
Best Buy has some - possibly in stores, definitely online.
maybe Amazon.
heres a link to auctionbot:

Converter Box Auctions

You could also buy a new TV. 19 inches will cost you about 150-200, a 32 inch would set you back about 300+

(Seriously, does anyone read the stickies at the top of the forum first?)

http://www.dtvusaforum.com/converte...-over-how-save-money-converter-boxes-now.html

Last edited:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: LAFRENCH,

Another good source for a converter box is your local Craigslist dot org

Not all TV stations have changed to digital broadcasting, so if you still have any analog channels in your area that you want to receive, you need to be sure the converter box you buy has a feature called "Analog Passthru".

If you go to the website TV Fool and plug in your address and potential antenna height, it will tell you what FREE channels are likely to be available in your area. Please post the URL to that result here and we can work with it to suggest appropriate antennas for your localle. The website automatically conceals all personal information.

I hope your recovery from surgery is swift.

Jim

Last edited:

LAFRENCH

DTVUSA Rookie

hey, thanks for the tip on craigs list jim and the information on the analog t.v.'s and the antenna stuff also. And also wishing me well, i'm sure i will be getting back on my feet in a couple of weeks.
And mr. Pogi thanks for the information on the experation date on the dtv boxes i do remember that now what was i thinking? I don't read the stickie things and i do eat meat don't most everybody? Thanks for the web site i will check it out to. Hope you both have a great day. Lafrench

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
:welcome: LAFRENCH,

Another good source for a converter box is your local Craigslist dot org

Not all TV stations have changed to digital broadcasting, so if you still have any analog channels in your area that you want to receive, you need to be sure the converter box you buy has a feature called "Analog Passthru".

If you go to the website TV Fool and plug in your address and potential antenna height, it will tell you what FREE channels are likely to be available in your area. Please post the URL to that result here and we can work with it to suggest appropriate antennas for your localle. The website automatically conceals all personal information.

I hope your recovery from surgery is swift.

Jim
Well I know thing or two about Nashville area stations

WKRN ABC RF 27
WSMV NBC RF 10
WTVF CBS RF 5( translator on RF 50 )
WZTV FOX RF 15
WUXP MyN RF 21
WNAB CW RF 23
WNPT PBS RF 8
WNPX ION RF 36
WPGD TBN RF33
WJFB Jewelry RF 44

Those are the full power ones there are also some low power ones.

Anyways does anyone want to guess and over under on how many years it will be before questions about the coupon program stop?

FOX TV

Contributor
More Converter Box issues !!

hello, i am in nashville,tn and i am looking for a dtv or a converter box for my t.v. That's what i call it. Does anyone know how to get the $40.00 government coupon to get the dtv as soon as possible. I just had major surgery and i can't do anything else right now but watch t.v. And i'm having a real hard time right now any help would be great right now. Thanks ahead of time. Stay kewl nashville...,,,,,,,
As said a few times on here, the coupon program has expired almost a year ago. If you look at the resources mentioned above for finding one, I would recommend that you look for a model built by Zenith / LG electronics model DTT901, or the very same unit with model number NS-EXA1 with the Insignia / Best Buy house label originally sold by Best Buy, and built by Zenith / LG for Best Buy.

They are the very same product, and seem to have the best track record for reliability. Some of the lesser known brands have an early failure rate due to excessive heat and lack of proper cooling, but these models seem to be of the best quality given the Governments mandate of a $40 price range.