DTV Converter Power

I work for a local cable company, and I'm also doing a blog on today.com in regards to the whole digital transition. I ran into a question that probably has an easy answer, but, I haven't received my digital converter yet to test the theory out. I'm somewhat impatient, so, I was hoping to get an answer here.

I live in Florida, and there is a threat for hurricanes more often than not. What I'm concerned about is when the power goes out, I'm sure that the converter will stop converting the signal. Will the analog signal that is being removed have an emergency signal still active, for situations like this?

I work for a local cable company, and I'm also doing a blog on today.com in regards to the whole digital transition. I ran into a question that probably has an easy answer, but, I haven't received my digital converter yet to test the theory out. I'm somewhat impatient, so, I was hoping to get an answer here.

I live in Florida, and there is a threat for hurricanes more often than not. What I'm concerned about is when the power goes out, I'm sure that the converter will stop converting the signal. Will the analog signal that is being removed have an emergency signal still active, for situations like this?
At this point there are few options wineguard makes a converter with a battery pack but after that there is only buying a new digital battery tv.:)