DTV for my 18 wheeler

Trucker

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a Sansui model com312ad and I use it in an 18 wheeler will I need and what kind of a converter will I need to be able to view my TV on the road? Also what kind of price am I looking at? Thank-you very much for your help. I will be using a 12 volt system. Trucker

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I have a Sansui model com312ad and I use it in an 18 wheeler will I need and what kind of a converter will I need to be able to view my TV on the road? Also what kind of price am I looking at? Thank-you very much for your help. I will be using a 12 volt system. Trucker
This is a challenge. You can pretty much purchase any DTV converter box you like. For durability I would recommend a converter built in a metal case. There are 12 DC converter boxes on the market, but the battery pack is mainly for emergency needs. Another option if space is limited is an LCD TV with a built in DTV converter and battery pack. You will get approximately 3 1/2 hours of viewing time using the battery pack. LCDDIGITAL 7 " LCD Portable TV
Most 18 wheelers have a power inverter to run AC electrical components. If you don't currently have a power inverter I would recommend one. Your real challenge is going to be acquiring a DTV signal. You initially run setup to get channels scanned and ready for viewing . Problem is with any converter box you will have to run the setup each time you change locations. Hope this gives you some ideas. Post back with questions or to update us on what you decide.

The ARTEC T3AP Pro has a replaceable power cord jack so you can use a 12VDC Cigarette Lighter adapter with it. Reception will be VERY hard though. It's totally different then analog. We won't see any adequate solutions for mobile off-air TV reception for a while.

If you have any questions about the Artec T3AP pro box, let me know.