DTV is ************ing me off!!!

tstory

DTVUSA Rookie
I have had DTV since November. I received a coupon for it and purchased a nice antenna. My reception is horrible:mad:. It always cuts out during my shows and my husband is constantly adjusting the antenna. We get so frustrated that I just put on a movie. Then the next day I will watch my show off the internet. I cannot express how much this contraption suck ass. Before the conversion in February, I would turn off the DTV with frustration and turn on analog... I MISS ANALOG!!!

AndyTiedye

DTVUSA Member
At least you get some DTV reception some of the time.
Our signal is absorbed completely by trees.
Low VHF gets through fine, but they're not going to use that anymore.

I have had DTV since November. I received a coupon for it and purchased a nice antenna. My reception is horrible:mad:. It always cuts out during my shows and my husband is constantly adjusting the antenna. We get so frustrated that I just put on a movie. Then the next day I will watch my show off the internet. I cannot express how much this contraption suck ass. Before the conversion in February, I would turn off the DTV with frustration and turn on analog... I MISS ANALOG!!!
how far are you from the transmitters what type of antenna give us your zip code and maybe we can tell what is causing your problems and make some suggestions as to how to improve your signal. also what type of box did your buy.:)

DantheMan

DTVUSA Jr. Member
In the same boat here...what I want to know, is how the heck did Congress let this happen in the first place? Sure digital television has a better picture (if you use a converter box, it's not that much better than if you buy a new HD TV), but it's worse for reception!!! I mean, look at all of the posts here on the forum, and look at how many people are now having problems compared to when they had analog television.