DTVPal DVR Now on market

DTVPal DVR Now on market

The new DTVPal DVR digital-to-analog converter box is the first and only to offer digital video recording (DVR) and high-definition (HD) capabilities along with analog pass-through.
Rear Panel Features

• One ATSC antenna input for two over-the-air digital broadcasts
• A/V connections:
1 HDMI output
1 set of Component (YPbPr)HD analog video outputs
1 optical digital output for Dolby Digital and
PCM Digital audio
1 set RCA-type audio/video outputs
1 Channel 3-4 modulated output

• 1 Ethernet port (for future use)
• 1 USB 2.0 port (for future use)
• 3-prong power cord
• Dimensions (approx.):
H: 3.1" x W: 14.6" x D: 8.8"
• Weight (approx.): 5.0 lbs.
• Color: black
$249.00

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds nice! Kind of pricey for an over-the-air unit, too bad you can't use the dtv coupons to purchase it. ;)

Here's a blog writer that recently took a picture of it at a CES event: DTVPal DVR Coming Soon

It looks a bit unattractive, lol, and the blog owner actually had this to say about it,

As I discovered last night at CES Unveiled here in NYC, in the looks department this hardware still has no TV stand appeal. Though the DTVPal DVR runs the solid DISH Network DVR software, discerning customers will want to hide the bulbous matte black plastic enclosure behind closed doors.

Will it record off the air??? How much recording time??? Waht about the NEW DVR recorder I just purchased??? Is it going to be junk?
Your DVR will still work, byt you will need to connect a converter box to it. The converter box will downconvert the digital signal to analog, sending it through your DVR, then to your TV, allowing you to continue recording or watching dtv programming like you originally did when you only had the DVR connected to the TV.

So, the connection will go as follows:

Antenna to Converter Box Antenna Input
Converter box output to DVR input
DVR Output to TV input

If you need more detailed instructions let me know. :)

mackie24

DTVUSA Rookie
Dtvpal dvr

Do not buy one of these units. They are nothing but trouble. I bought a bunch in hopes of taking care of my off the air recordings that I do none did what they said they should do, record. I sent them back for replacement and all of them have the same problem. Recording when every they want.

cgull

DTVUSA Rookie
Do not buy one of these units. They are nothing but trouble. I bought a bunch in hopes of taking care of my off the air recordings that I do none did what they said they should do, record. I sent them back for replacement and all of them have the same problem. Recording when every they want.
I have one and it is working great. Are you receiving valid TVGOS data in your area? Did you upgrade to the new F207 code?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I currently own one and plan on buying a couple more over the next year. I've never really had any problems related to the DVR. All of my problems stemmed from the DTV transition. Everything is working great now including my TVGOS. I recommend the Dish Network DTVPal DVR to everyone.

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Will it allow me to program channels as whole numbers without a decimal?
Ah, yes, that pesky decimal (or dash, as the case may be.)

It would be nice if a box would allow a user to assign their own virtual digit numbers, so they don't have to worry about decimals. You can move channels you don't want in the way to another spot, or group them together in categories, etc. Like a weather channel group, a Kids' channel group, etc.