DTVPal Plus Closed Captioning

X-Ray

DTVUSA Rookie
My DTVPal Plus Converter continually displays the "Closed Caption" messages, on ALL channels, even though I have read the instruction manual several times and have made dozens of attempts to turn the Closed Captions OFF. Is my unit defective? If you think not, can you recommend some new procedures I could try? I bought and installed my unit two days ago.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
My DTVPal Plus Converter continually displays the "Closed Caption" messages, on ALL channels, even though I have read the instruction manual several times and have made dozens of attempts to turn the Closed Captions OFF. Is my unit defective? If you think not, can you recommend some new procedures I could try? I bought and installed my unit two days ago.
Isn't there a CC button on your remote? Have you turned it off and then it keeps coming back on? Haven't seen this problem before?

X-Ray

DTVUSA Rookie
Tech@echostar.com provided the answer --- My TV was over-riding the converter box and forcing the Closed Captioning messages to stay on. I unplugged myTV for several hours, and the Closed Captioning signal from my TV was turned OFF. Now, I can control the Closed Captioning messages using the remote control for my converter box.

The following is the answer I received from Tech@echostar.com.....
Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. To turn the closed captioning off, please press Menu, 3, 5, 1. From this screen you will be able to turn the captioning off by selecting Off and then pressing Select on Done. If you still get them with the captioning turned off, please make sure that CC is not turned on through your TV’s menus as well.