Dual TVs - Splitter, Booster?

mbient

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Several questions regarding the used of a signal splitter and a signal booster.

I have two TV's in the same room, set at an angle to each other so that all in the room can have a good view. They both are always tuned to the same channel. Getting a signal to both was never a problem, I just used a splitter on the feed.

Now, with DTV and the DTA converter requirement, will I be able to use just one DTA converter with a splitter to get the same channel on both TVs?

Or do I need a DTA converter for each TV?

If I can use the splitter, will it cause a deterioration of the digital signal from the converter?

Can the converter's digital signal be boosted with an in-line device, like the one used to boost analog signals.

Yes, you can split the output from your converter box and you won't need a signal booster. The split has to happen after the output from your converter box though. Any basic cable splitter (RF Splitter) will work.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Yes, you can split the output from your converter box and you won't need a signal booster. The split has to happen after the output from your converter box though. Any basic cable splitter (RF Splitter) will work.
mbient, Welcome to the forum. That's why he's called the HTNut. Cause he knows the HT stuff. Like HTNut has stated you just need a simple $3.00 splitter on the output of the DTV CECB.

mbient

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Thanks for the info, now, what about a booster?

I currently have a booster/splitter on the cable feed where it comes in to my house, and then run 4 lines off of that booster/splitter to various rooms. That booster is obviously an analog device.

Will that booster/splitter work when Comcast starts sending a digital-only signal?

Will I need to boost the digital signal? (One run is about 60', two 40', one 10')

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
The booster doesn't differentiate between analog and digital signals.You can continue to use the booster you currently use.

I currently have a booster/splitter on the cable feed where it comes in to my house, and then run 4 lines off of that booster/splitter to various rooms. That booster is obviously an analog device.

Will that booster/splitter work when Comcast starts sending a digital-only signal?

Will I need to boost the digital signal? (One run is about 60', two 40', one 10')

Piggie

Super Moderator

Something they didn't want to tell people because they fear confusion is the picture whether from cable or an antenna, whether you watch an analog channel or digital channel gets to the TV via a signal that is analog in nature, hence that is why an old antenna, coax, splitter, amp will work on digital channels.

Hence there is no such thing as an HD, DTV antenna, splitters, coax or amps, though many of the less scrupulous are selling them as such.

Thomas G

Contributor
mbient, Welcome to the forum. That's why he's called the HTNut. Cause he knows the HT stuff. Like HTNut has stated you just need a simple $3.00 splitter on the output of the DTV CECB.
LOL, nah, my wife calls me HTNut because I spend too much on Home Theater equipment. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DirecTV 1
G Comcast 0
G Comcast 0