Duck Dynasty

AG99

DTVUSA Member
Okay, what do you think of all this Duck Dynasty twaddle? I read somewhere it was the most watched show on TV (not counting special events like the Super Bowl), but that was before all the hoohah with Phil Robertson, one of the show's stars, who said some uncomplimentary things about blacks and gays in an interview. Ratings dived. They've recovered somewhat since then, and Willie Robertson was even invited to the State of the Union address (gotta wonder how many votes that's going to get the GOP!).

So what do you think about all this? Are we making mountains out of molehills or are we rightly angry at racist homophobes making so much money?

(For the record, I don't watch DD. Just curious about those who do.)

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I never heard anything about him saying anything against Blacks. Saying that you believe that homosexuality is a sin, which you must do if you believe the Bible to be God's revelation of Himself to humanity (who can not lie, per Titus 1:2), does not make you homophobic. Me saying that fornication is a sin, which I must say if I believe that the Bible is true, doesn't make me fornicatorphobic. The whole "homophobic" thing is simply the homosexual movement attempting to shame those who believe their lifestyle is sinful and deviant into silence. Pretending that something isn't wrong, because you enjoy doing it, doesn't make it right!

AG99

DTVUSA Member
Apparently he said something to the effect that you never heard Blacks complaining about their lot in life back before the Civil Rights Movement. He seemed to think they were happier then.

Apparently he said something to the effect that you never heard Blacks complaining about their lot in life back before the Civil Rights Movement. He seemed to think they were happier then.
They absolutely acted happier then -- and THAT is what he said. I was alive then, just like Phil. You can argue they were putting on an act. Or you can argue they were happier cause they didn't know any better. In my personal opinion the civil rights movement brought minorities some marginal benefits after the Civil war (it started long before the civil war, you know), but overall it hurt them, because it gave them an easy excuse not to prosper.

The Jews are a minority that has received far worse prejudice and discrimination (two different things) than the blacks. Yet, as long as they are allowed to survive (which ain't that often), they prosper! And it's not because of any genetic differential between the two groups.

Rick

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Comcast 0