Dumpster Folder? - XFinity

Does anyone know what the DUMPSTER folder is in the Mobile Connect App. I just noticed it this morning while checking emails on my smartphone. I don't know how long it's been there, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't always been there. The TRASH folder is still there and deleted messages still get moved there. Interestingly, I don't see the DUMPSTER folder when using webmail Connect on my laptop.

This question, "Dumpster Folder?," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television Apps.

For other news regarding Dumpster Folder?, and XFinity - Comcast Television Apps, see our recommended stories below.

G

Guest688889

Same

I have the same things it just showed up this morning .. I tried to delet the folder but I can't. HELP

R

Russ

I too have a DUMPSTER folder beneath my trash folder. I don't recall seeing it here yesterday. Im using Xfinity Connect through google chrome on a PC.

G

I just noticed it, too. It looks like any messages you delete from the Trash folder get moved into the DUMPSTER folder. If you try to delete a message from the DUMPSTER folder, it gets moved back to the trash folder. This is probably there to support the new "Recover Deleted Items" function that is part of the pulldown menu next to trash on the new web UI.

G

DUMPSTER folder in email on smartphone

The same thing happened to me this morning! It looks like most of my sent emails and most of the emails I put to trash ended up in the DUMPSTER folder, but not all. What is the difference between trash and DUMPSTER?

G

Dumpster appeared yesterday on my mac and my laptop and this morning on my iphone and won't let me delete emails. What is the purpose of Dumpster?

G

Dumpster folder

I have posted about this on Apple discussion boards because I have it too. Someone replied that they just talked to Comcast and was told they know it's an issue that Comcast is sending these files back to users, and they are working on it. Once it's fixed, the folder will disappear.

J

JAKnarr

Dumpster???

I got a 'Dumpster' this morning also, on my desktop machine. Haven't checked other equipment. Not sure what it represents? Mail already read? Mail already deleted? I'm pretty prompt about marking mail as read or deleting junk so I don't know what 2,777 pieces of mail are doing saved up in this Dumpster? Maybe it's stuff from their server that they want you to purge? Would be nice if Comcast sent out a notice explaining it, wouldn't it?

G

I am seeing a DUMPSTER folder on my iPhone and Mac Mail for Comcast. To find the one on my Mac, I have to search in Mail for it but it does show up with tons of emails, both deleted and saved. I deleted my Comcast account from both my phone and Mac and that folder disappeared so it's definitely a Comcast issue and not with Apple. When I set up Comcast email on the iPhone and Mac, the DUMPSTER folder again reappears. I haven't been able to find anything online about it.

G

I noticed this too this morning on both my Iphone and Ipad but not on my laptop. I deleted the comcast mail account on both, changed my password, rebooted both Iphone & Ipad and tried to add comcast mail back. DUMPSTER appear again. I don't know how to get rid of DUMPSTER.

G

I have the same thing also and I just noticed it yesterday and it was never on there before. It's driving me crazy. I hope somebody answers this pretty soon

G

One showed up on my iPhone as well. It has over 160 old emails in it. When I try to delete the folder a message comes up that states it cannot be deleted from server. Called Comcast and they said they are working on solving the problem. Very upsetting that they can go into your mail and add a folder!

G

Same here. Not only did it appear suddenly, but it also had more than 500 messages in it — about 475 of which were the same message over and over. Finally let me delete them on the third try, but not the folder itself. I mean, don't I already have a trash folder? And why the all caps?

M

Melon804

Dumpster

Same here. There are a ton of messages in there, and they can't be deleted!! What is this?? And how do I get rid of the folder?

G

Dumpster Folder Nightmare???

I woke up to the same Dumpster folder problems on my 2016 MacBook Pro and smartphone today as well. I talked and gave Apple support access to my computer for approx. an hour this morning in which they could not resolve the issue. They believe that it is Comcast problem. I contacted Comcast.... no help, they were clueless. I cannot delete the messages and/or the Dumpster folder itself. Hopefully someone will let us know what and how to get rid of this.