Dumpster Folder? - XFinity

G

I just noticed this too. The folder contains a lot of emails and I can't delete them. They look like emails I've deleted before. Not sure what they're doing over there at Comcast.

G

Does anyone know what the DUMPSTER folder is in the Mobile Connect App. I just noticed it this morning while checking emails on my smartphone. I don't know how long it's been there, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't always been there. The TRASH folder is still there and deleted messages still get moved there. Interestingly, I don't see the DUMPSTER folder when using webmail Connect on my laptop.

This question, "Dumpster Folder?," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television Apps.

For other news regarding Dumpster Folder?, and XFinity - Comcast Television Apps, see our recommended stories below.
Yep... Today I noticed it too lol... I deleted every app I had suspicions about before hand believing someone had laid some malware on my iPad... Logged in with my PC and just like you mentioned it wasn't there... The dumpster is full of old but recent emails that I've erased ( junk ) which can not be deleted... It's frustrating to say the least so if anyone reads this thread, let us know!! Comcast continues on their Google journey!!! Smh...

G

Does anyone know what the DUMPSTER folder is in the Mobile Connect App. I just noticed it this morning while checking emails on my smartphone. I don't know how long it's been there, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't always been there. The TRASH folder is still there and deleted messages still get moved there. Interestingly, I don't see the DUMPSTER folder when using webmail Connect on my laptop.
I woke up to the same problem this morning on my MacBook Pro and smartphone. I was on the phone with Apple support for over an hour in which they accessed my MacBook Pro. They could not resolve the problem and stated that it seems to be a Comcast issue. I contacted Comcast, they were completely clueless to the problem. I cannot delete (over 1,000) old emails and/or the Dumpster folder itself. If anyone has a fix...."PLEASE" report in this forum. Thank you.

G

Dumpster

Yes she just started today. There are a ton of read messages, my notes, everything that I've gotten from Comcast and it cannot be deleted and it's wasting my space. Why did Comcast do this? Please delete it.

C

Comcast

Dumpster issue resolved

This issue was resolved and was a Comcast issue. Normally that folder called "DUMPSTER" is a hidden folder that is used for email recovery purposes. An email platform glitch allowed it to be visible for a short time today.

G

Problem solved?

I sat here for 30 minutes deleting emails from back in January and sometimes I was lucky they got deleted, and other times they just kept reappearing over and over again. Once they were finally deleted, the folder is now gone. I believe that the issue is now fixed. At least I hope so.