DVR question

sunshine4

DTVUSA Member
I have Dish Network. I like to watch one show while taping others. Is there a way to DVR a show and watch another on the same tv? If so, I can't figure it out! Any suggestions would be helpful.

Yes616

The Mod Squad
I have Dish Network. I like to watch one show while taping others. Is there a way to DVR a show and watch another on the same tv? If so, I can't figure it out! Any suggestions would be helpful.
What receiver do you have? This can only be done on dual tuner DVR receivers.

To find out what model receiver you have, press menu, 6, 1 then 3. The top line of box d is your model receiver.

Last edited:

sunshine4

DTVUSA Member
My DVR model number is 522. Is this a dual dvr? I really have no idea. If not, should I call and see about getting one that has this option or is it going to cost me alot more?

Yes616

The Mod Squad
My DVR model number is 522. Is this a dual dvr? I really have no idea. If not, should I call and see about getting one that has this option or is it going to cost me alot more?
The 522 is a dual tuner DVR.

In another thread you asked about watching different TV's using the same receiver. If you want to record something while watching something else, the other TV, TV2 if you will, is stuck watching whatever you are recording. That is true with all receivers.

Before the "to be recorded" show starts, select it in the channel guide. Choose TV2 when prompted as to where it should be recorded. You can watch your live show on TV1. You can even just put it on when it starts, pause it and go do something else for a few minutes and when you come back you can start from the beginning. When the commercials come, you can FF right through them until you are back to watching live.