DVR Records Repeat Episodes Even Though Set to New

U

Unregistered

Has anyone else experienced an occasional glitch where you set your Comcast DVR to record for new shows only and then it records repeat episodes too?

I've noticed this with a few channels including SyFy Network, BBC America, and the Cartoon Network.

How do I fix this?

SharonThomas

DTVUSA Jr. Member
This is not the problem with your DVR. It is just a machine after all with no artificial intelligence. The problem is with the guide data that is being passed to Comcast. If the show does not say whether the show is new or not, the guide has no way to know if it should record so it just does. This is how it has been for years. Try this once a week check to see what’s going to record for the week and then delete the scheduled recordings that are repeats so they won’t record, this is very important if you’re going on vacation. It is a work around. If it doesn’t work, set a manual recording. If you want to set a manual recording instead of recording a specific program, press the "Menu" button and select "DVR." In the DVR menu, select "Set a Recording," then "Set a manual recording." This will open a menu that allows you to enter the date, time and channel for your recording.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I totally understand this. It took me a while to figure out that it was not a programming thing but more of an informational one. It's frustrating sometimes, but nothing is perfect.