DVR will not download new software +14 days so far - DirecTV DVR

For DVR will not download new software +14 days so far, relating to DirecTV DVRs and receivers. After my directv and DVR was installed, I had about two or so weeks where everything worked. Approx 2 weeks ago, a notice came on for 'New Software Found' and the system tried to download.

The system has never been able to complete a download - it stays at zero percent until it comes up with an error that the download failed and to press the reset button to try again.

Reset button has no effect. I've unplugged it , I've reset it, I powered it off and for hours, I've tried to download sw several times, I've left it alone for a day, I've done the 02468 reset - nothing will fix this problem and every 20 minutes the download warning comes up and you have to quickly select download later or else the download starts and you can't watch the tv for 45 minutes to an hour until it resets itself and the cycle repeats.

I've called customer service at least 7 times and each time they apologize to me (several times) and tell me they are working on the software download for the R15 and it should be fixed sometime between 2 hours and 48 hours.

Every time I call, they "escalate" the problem but nothing ever comes of this escalation.

Again - this has been going on for at least two weeks now and multiple phone calls.

Some of the customer service people say this is a problem for all R15 units and some say it is a local problem or a "rare" problem and they are working on it.

Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this problem. I don't even care if the software ever loads a new build if I can just get it to not prompt for the down load that happens every 20 minutes (I timed it) that CSR swears happens only once an hour.