DWTS: Partner Switch UP

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Well this will be interesting. There's been a lot of change at Dancing with the Stars for the new season and not all of it I agree with. Still, the current cast of stars has some intrigue to it for me. One of the pluses is Danica McKellar who was Winnie on The Wonder Years. In this story, though, what caught my attention was a tidbit about a new change up -- the partner switch.

Danica McKellar Flaunts Legs in Short-Shorts at Dancing With the Stars Rehearsal

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
I'm not sure how I feel about the switch-up or the changes... I think Erin Andrews will be a good cohost, and I won't miss Brooke Burke, but I think getting rid of the band was a bad move. But I'm looking forward to NeNe Leakes, Danica McKeller, and some of the other cast... even though at this point I tune in for the pro dancers more than the celebrities.

Orrymain

Yeah I always want to see what Derek Hough does. He's arguably the best, and Max may have attitude, but he's like fireworks for DWTS. I'm a little surprised with all the changes, they haven't changed up the judges any.

I think our whole family will be watching this season. Im not much for dancing shows but it's great to see how they are lining up many child stars from my day with child stars from today for my kids and a Hockey legend which works for me and my sons. The Olympic team to keep the drama and interest. My wife is not crazy about the partner switch though, said it messes with the building chemistry through the season, which I guess needs to be there to win. We will see how far I make it but I'm for the first time interested to watch. The switch up will work for drama though.

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Yeah I always want to see what Derek Hough does. He's arguably the best, and Max may have attitude, but he's like fireworks for DWTS. I'm a little surprised with all the changes, they haven't changed up the judges any.
I actually thought last season that they were using the guest judges (particularly Julienne Hough and Maks) to test and see if they could replace some of the judges... just in case they didn't return.

But it's probably a good thing they aren't messing with the chemistry of the judges panel on top of everything else. That would have an even bigger impact than the other changes, and if they try to do too much at once they'll just annoy the fans.

Orrymain

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the future, though. Len and Bruno jet in weekly for the thing and it's not inconceivable they could even get tired of all that traveling. Julianne sure created some controversy when she was guest judge.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Comcast 0