E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Short version - I´ve been trying to connect my DirecTv Genie (HR44/700) to my network. I´ve been through both sets of directions to connect - wireless and wired. When I ran the DTV error check, it kicked out the following diagnostic code - 71-73-94-053. I am reluctant to call customer service since my last call was spent saying ¨no¨ over and over to the representative trying to up-sell premium channels, etc instead of making the appointment for a tech to reset the dish.

I´m not sure what else to do at this point. My in-home wifi is working.

Background - After connectivity issues, I was provided a new modem, the E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem. Currently, there is a direct (DTV) cable connection to the back of the modem. A NETGEAR R6700 NIghthawk router is plugged into the only ethernet port on the back. There are 2 telephone ports, but that´s it. There is no WPS button. The modem came with a Quick Installation Guide book, but it is not useful. I can´t even find the modem listed on Spectrum´s site. The technician who installed the modem had to call in for help with the set-up since it was new to him as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection?

G

Ghost

This question is about "E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Short version - I´ve been trying to connect my DirecTv Genie (HR44/700) to my network. I´ve been through both sets of directions to connect - wireless and wired. When I ran the DTV error check, it kicked out the following diagnostic code - 71-73-94-053. I am reluctant to call customer service since my last call was spent saying ¨no¨ over and over to the representative trying to up-sell premium channels, etc instead of making the appointment for a tech to reset the dish.

I´m not sure what else to do at this point. My in-home wifi is working.

Background - After connectivity issues, I was provided a new modem, the E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem. Currently, there is a direct (DTV) cable connection to the back of the modem. A NETGEAR R6700 NIghthawk router is plugged into the only ethernet port on the back. There are 2 telephone ports, but that´s it. There is no WPS button. The modem came with a Quick Installation Guide book, but it is not useful. I can´t even find the modem listed on Spectrum´s site. The technician who installed the modem had to call in for help with the set-up since it was new to him as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection?
First of all WPS is on your router, not on the modem. WPS is a wireless protected setup, it’s for connecting to wireless routers not to modems. If you had an all in one modem/router then that would be a different story. Plug your Ethernet cable from the back of your modem into the WAN slot of your nighthawk, then connect your wireless items to the nighthawk. Your nighthawk probably has a WPS button, but you don’t actually need to use it, all it does is keep you from having to type your WiFi password into your item. I rarely ever use it. I hope that helps out a little.