Earthlink Wants $4.95 /mo for Email via Spectrum/TWC - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Earthlink Wants $4.95 /mo for Email via Spectrum/TWC", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. For some forgotten reason when I first got TWC service thirteen years ago, I chose the Earthlink email service. This has been my setup since 5/17/2004, and it has always been a free service bundled with the Internet part of my cable bill. However, I have now received an email from Earthlink stating "Our records show that you are receiving EarthLink email service but are not currently being billed for it or an internet service that includes email" and the note goes on to say "As a result, your EarthLink email account will be inactivated after June 23, 2017 - UNLESS YOU ACT SOON. For just $4.95 per month, you can enjoy all the perks of EarthLink Premium Mail and keep your EarthLink email address(es).

I've talked to a Spectrum rep who said my service is grandathered in and that Earthlink should not be sending this billing notice. I then spoke with an Earthlink rep that held firm on the legitimacy of their request.

How do I get the two parties to agree and give me an official answer?

It would seem to me that some revenue flow must happen to support my use of Earthlink via TWC/Spectrum.

This topic covered Earthlink Wants $4.95 /mo for Email via Spectrum/TWC, and TWC cable internet service.