Easter Eggs

myopicmatt

DTVUSA Jr. Member

fringe glyphs

Here are the promotional fringe glyphs released by FOX, each contain a secret to their image. Ill try to explain best I can going in order from the top left to right.

* Ghost Face: This cloud of smoke forms a face. Probably represents transcendence of the physical form
* Rams Horn: Contains the Fibonacci spiral around the horn with the number PHI. Also known as the golden ratio.
* Apple: Contains embryos. Considering the biblical reference to the apple in the Garden of Eden in Christianity and possibly the embryos representing Adam and Eve - this could signify the origin of the human race.
* Hand: The handprint shown in the Fringe promos contains six fingers. This may refer to genetic evolution or experimentation of human beings.
* Frog: Contains the symbol of Phi imprinted on its back. Frogs do have a pretty big metamorphosis stage from tadpoles to adults, this could represent change.
* Flower: There is a dragonfly wing located as a replacement for one of the petals. Dragonflies are also known for dramatic metamorphosis from nymphs to adults as well. It was also noted that the petals forms Fermat’s spiral as well.
* Seahorse: The body of the seahorse contains a Fibonacci spiral in the form of the golden ratio: The tail of the Seahorse also forms this as well.
* Butterfly: The butterfly contains a bone structure - possibly further reinforcing the idea of advanced metamorphosis. Larvae to cocoon to butterfly.
* Leaf: Contains a triangle, delta. Probably the most mysterious of the objects because the meaning is still so vague.
* Yellow Lights: The glyphs are commonly associated with yellow lights. Between one to three lights surround each object, never less or more. When three are around they form the triangle that is also shown in the leaf.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Awesome stuff, "Fringe", is one of my favorite Science Fiction shows on TV right now. I think the pilot episode had something like a little over 9 million viewers alone. The special efftects and sound is better than any show on TV right now.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
What excellent information. I get so intent on watching the show that I fail to notice the little surprises like this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
Interesting observations. Considering how closely tied to governments that Fox is, I wonder what they are trying to tell us with these ideas? Is this another expression of the so called " change " that is coming?

myopicmatt

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Something needs to change that's for sure. But there are so many other little things that the show has hidden. The main antagonist in episode 4 made appearances in episode #1 and #3.

Something needs to change that's for sure. But there are so many other little things that the show has hidden. The main antagonist in episode 4 made appearances in episode #1 and #3.

This is what's so cool about the show. You always have to be paying attention because you might miss something like this. LOL Why do you call it an Easter egg? :p