Emerson SDTV Won't Tune in ANY DTV channels

gallegra

DTVUSA Rookie
Hey all;

I have an Emerson, 20 inch SDTV set that I bought a little over a year ago. Whenever I try to tune in digital channels it always says "no signal". I've tried scanning for DTV channels multiple times, tried adjusting my analog antenna, and NOTHING seems to work. I've looked around and it says I should be within range to recieve digital channels properly, but for some reason the TV can't ever find one. Any ideas?

Hey all;

I have an Emerson, 20 inch SDTV set that I bought a little over a year ago. Whenever I try to tune in digital channels it always says "no signal". I've tried scanning for DTV channels multiple times, tried adjusting my analog antenna, and NOTHING seems to work. I've looked around and it says I should be within range to recieve digital channels properly, but for some reason the TV can't ever find one. Any ideas?
What type of antenna do you use, are the digital channels UHF or VHF which is your antenna this will make a big difference. how far to transmitters and is the antenna equipped with a pre amp or is it just the antenna.

gallegra

DTVUSA Rookie
My antenna is an RCA that I've had for several years, with the loop and rabbit ears to tune in both UHF AND VHF. I actually think I found it on Amazon here;
Amazon.com: RCA ANT120 Indoor TV Antenna: Electronics
I think the channels are UHF, but I haven't been able to tune them in either way so I don't really know, but if it helps it's the normal local channels that I'm trying to get. I don't know if the antenna has a pre-amp, but I don't think so-you can look for yourself at the site and see, maybe you'd know better.
Oh, and there is a link for my TV below; it's not exactly the right model, but it looks like that almost exactly except it has a little stamp that says SDTV and Dolby Digital next to the buttons below the screen.
Amazon.com: Emerson 20" Pure Flat Screen TV: Electronics

Thanks for helping,

-Gary

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0