Entourage

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I am so ready for the new season to start. Seems like (just like with many HBO shows) it is taking forever. I hear it is finally due to start back in September. Any other Entourage fans out there?

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I've never seen this show but have heard nothing but good things about it. I guess it's a good thing to have a show where men's friendships are celebrated and their bondng and experiences are displayed. If women can do it, why not men. I'll start watching and see how good it really is.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Big fan here.

I only watched 3-4 episodes last season (season four), but did manage to catch the finale which ended at the Cannes Film Festival. Vince's project didn't do so well, but some studio executive offered him one dollar for it. lol.

It's a good show, but HBO has to do something about keeping viewers interested in shows...There just aren't enough episodes during the season...

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think you are right Jay. Not only are there not enough episodes, but the long wait between each season makes so many people lose interest as well. Such a shame too because this is such an awesome show.

djs

DTVUSA Member
I used to love this show when I had HBO. I agree, they take way too long between each season, as they just constantly air reruns throughout the year. They be better off creating a two hour movie, and each year add a sequel.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
I have been watching this show for quite a while. I liked season four a tonne. But I'm so fed up of the constant reruns. I liked the show for its different theme but the wait is killing the spirit.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I have been watching this show for quite a while. I liked season four a tonne. But I'm so fed up of the constant reruns. I liked the show for its different theme but the wait is killing the spirit.
The new one has been on now about three weeks. Tonight is the third episode. I am actually liking the new season so far better than all the others. You are right about the wait though, and it seems HBO does this with lots of their shows.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
Great show, some local radio talk show was comparing this show to Michael Phelps entourage and how they've been hanging out at strip clubs, lol.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Great show, some local radio talk show was comparing this show to Michael Phelps entourage and how they've been hanging out at strip clubs, lol.

That would be cool to see Michael Phelps make a guest appearance sometime on Entourage. I still can't get over Bob Saget's guest appearance. I have never looked at him the same after that :eek:.

myopicmatt

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I love this show. It would be my favorite if not for Friday Night Lights. It seemed like a loge break because of the writer's strike. It has just as many episodes as most cable show expect for season 2 which was 20-22 episodes

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Good point....I didn't even think about the writers strike and Entourage. I guess I didn't put the two together since HBO is so notorious for taking a long time between seasons. However, this past season was the longest Entourage has ever taken to come back on, and yep, the writers strike thing makes total sense.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I do agree Entourage is the best show that HBO has now that Sopranos is not around, but there are quite a lot of other shows out there HBO right now ( that new vampire show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Big Love, In Treatment, etc.).

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I hate the director from smoke jumpers. He's just made that they made him coral in Pirates of the Caribbean.
HA! Looks like it worked out in Vince's favor though....he will be doing a movie with Martin Scorcese :p. I hope that one goes well. I can't stomach anymore bomb movies by him. Anyways, sucks that the season is already over, and sucks even more that the finale was only 30 minutes.

Mei

DTVUSA Member
i have also not seen this show yet. but then i saw some commercials and have heard so many positive feedbacks about it. i am hoping to see the new season.:D

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
i have also not seen this show yet. but then i saw some commercials and have heard so many positive feedbacks about it. i am hoping to see the new season.:D

The season is over. However, you can catch the reruns on HBO, but the next season has a long time to go before it comes out again. HBO always takes their time.