Error 102 - Steaming on another device - DirecTV

I have used the directv app consistently for months and watch my DVR recorded shows. As of this week, I continually receive the error on my iPad and iPhone stating "Looks like your receiver is already streaming to another mobile device." That is not the case, nobody else is streaming. Both devides are up to date with IOS and I deleted the apps and reinstalled. Nothing corrects the issue. I am able to watch LIVE tv, just not access shows recorded on my DVR. Please advise. Thank you.

This question, "Error 102 - Steaming on another device," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

I get the same on my iPhone 6plus which has been updated with iOS 11. Just spent the better part of an hour on the phone with DirecTV tech support and no one had a clue! I think it must be an issue with their app and the update ..(I can also watch live but not my recorded snows.)

G

I'm getting the same message on my Kindle fire HDX and my Samsung S8. So frustrating. They need to up their game.

M

MarkinMd

Error 102 with crap support from Directv

I have been getting the same error 102 on about half of my shows using the iPad app. Of course, the shows I want to watch are the ones giving the error. I have no other devices with the Directv app installed on them so I know that nothing else is streaming. Besides, if that was really the problem then NONE of my shows should play, but like I said, about half of them will play without an issue. Directv tech support has been completely useless and insists that I MUST have some other device streaming - despite the fact that some show play fine. The whole reason I switched from Comcast to Directv was to be able to do this very thing and it's not working. Comcast has in now too and there's actually appears to work. If they fix this quickly I'm going to have to go back.

R

Riemako

Annoying error!

Exact same issue here. Used to work fine and now it won’t. There’s no other device streaming, just mine. I also have an iPad. Did anyone get an answer? This may be the nail in the coffin for direct tv, for me. Service sucks since AT&T took over.

G

Error Code 102 Fix

Unfortunately I get this error code frequently. SMH After rooting around the net I found a reference where you needed to reset your dvr. This is the only solution I have found to work.

G

Mr

Reset your DVR by pressing the red button next to the programming card. I just did this and it fixed it for me.

G

Let me simplify - since ATT took over DirecTV it acquired ATT's chronic liar ethos. Tech support folks are neutered cats, and I pity most of them because they are given instructions to state to customers rote pablum about restarting DVR's; reconnecting devices by uninstalling the app and reconnecting with the "receiver;" and the worst lie- we're "escalating" this. ATT/Directv knows they have a root problem and choose not to be honest about it via their communicators - the techs. I suggest the action I'm taking - calling Billing to ask for a credit that I'm not getting the product I'm paying for. Only $ loss will get their attention. I can live with or deal with an honest answer I get in 5 minutes ("Yes - we have a problem) rather than an hour of bogus solutions as if ATT doesn't know the problem.

G

Already streaming to another device

Same issue, already logged on to another device. I am not logged on to another device. No one at tech support can help, talked to 2 people already. Don't know what is going on. ATT now owns Directv and Dish. I was able to watch with Dish after switching to Directv, cannot do anything...ridiculous.

G

The Object of Downloading the DVR programs is to watch them when you're NOT home

This doesn't work if you're not home, which is when you actually want to download the DVR programs

B

Briscoe

Mr

Reset your DVR by pressing the red button next to the programming card. I just did this and it fixed it for me.
That didn’t work eithe, also deleted and reinstalled. No help, I unplugged rebooted, no help. Chat with help and they said I would get a 15.00 discount until it was fixed, that they aerial sending to a higher level and they’d get back to me...that was 4 days ago.

D

Debbie

Having same problems as others. Can’t reset red button since I’m away from home the next 2-1/2 months. Some channels that record can be viewed and others not. I see where this problem has been going on for years so I assume I shouldn’t expect a fix ever

G

Gretchen

I am having the same issue. Was on the phone with Directv for 3 hours. Got transferred around having to repeat my issue each time. One transfer I was hung up on. Most transfers ended up in the Loyalty department. May be that is a sign. The last transfer I was on hold for 20 minutes to find out I was transferred to a department that was closed. They have no clue what that error code means or how to fix it. It was a very frustrating evening