Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Novelty has worn off

I used to watch this show when it first came out because it was so different. After a while, Ty Pennington started to wear on me and become obnoxious. If he came up to me with that bullhorn and screamed in my ear, I'd have to take it and shove it up his....

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed.....is it just me, or does he love being in front of a camera? I still watch it every time it's on. Some of the contractors they've had on the show doing the building have worked miracles in the short amount of time given to complete the work.

green

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I love the show and watch it religiously. I love anything that has to do with interior and home design. Thats where I get most of my decorating ideas.

I do agree with you about Ty though.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
I don't really care much about Ty, obnoxious or not, all I care is the house they're building for those families featured and the big help they are giving them.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Reminds you much of Ryan Seacrest, doesn't he?

I still watch the show at times. Still amazes me how they can build a beautiful, fantastic house in a week.

Yeah, although I don't watch the show anymore, it is still amazing that they can get the house up in such short time. Just goes to prove the old saying, "many hands make light work."

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I agree the novelty has worn off; the concept is great, however a bit overdone now and cloned by other makeover shows. I just got bored really quick watching this program.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
Extreme Makeover Home Edition is so much more than just Ty P. It's about a community comes together when disaster strikes someone in the neighborhood. And of course it's also about showing creative ideas in home decor. Don't turn it off just because Typ has become obnoxious.

how about the stupid family that had a $450,000 house built for them, was given $250,000 in scholarship money, and given enough cash to pay their taxes for 20 years, and is now in foreclosure?

Developments : 'Extreme Makeover' Home in Foreclosure

they must be genius.

I heard about this one in the news. Apparently they took out a second mortgage in an attempt to get some type of business running and it never succeeded.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
How sad. it's unbelieveable to me how some people either never learn or the hard knocks just keep following them. But this shouldn't keep Extreme Makeover from continuing to help families that deserve the help.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
People take risks. Some don't pay off. These guys just don't have the luck. Still they should've been more cautious with their decisions bearing in mind the great gift they got from the show and from their community. It's not something they should have even considered to gamble with. Investments are always a gamble.

How sad. it's unbelieveable to me how some people either never learn or the hard knocks just keep following them. But this shouldn't keep Extreme Makeover from continuing to help families that deserve the help.
I agree that the motivation and desire to help people should always be there. Unfortunately, there will always be the individuals who squander your time and effort which leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Thank goodness these are the exceptions and not the rule.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I agree that the motivation and desire to help people should always be there. Unfortunately, there will always be the individuals who squander your time and effort which leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Thank goodness these are the exceptions and not the rule.
You're absolutely right. Perhaps a little more research into the familys stability would be in order by the show's producers.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I used to watch this show when it first came out because it was so different. After a while, Ty Pennington started to wear on me and become obnoxious. If he came up to me with that bullhorn and screamed in my ear, I'd have to take it and shove it up his....
Be nice now. I think alot of Ty's behavior and "acting" is done on the orders of the director. I can't believe anyne would be that loud without being paid to do it.

Well, I really don't care if Ty is behaving that way on purpose or if he's directed to act that way. After a while it got irritating and I decided to stop watching the show. If he's your cup of tea, more power to you.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
Well, I really don't care if Ty is behaving that way on purpose or if he's directed to act that way. After a while it got irritating and I decided to stop watching the show. If he's your cup of tea, more power to you.
He's not my cup of tea, at least not anymore. But a good show with the good intentions that Extreme Makeover have shouldn't be ruined by one obnoxious actor. Perhaps a mail-in to the shows producers sould be in order.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
I heard about this one in the news. Apparently they took out a second mortgage in an attempt to get some type of business running and it never succeeded.
Arrgh :mad:, an amazing gift totally wasted. An opportunity to live a better life and they took advantage of it. Oh well, I guess some guys have all the luck and some guys just don't. Unfortunately for this family, they are both.:(

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
i have never been able to get into this show for whatever reason? maybe it is because i think ty is pretty annoying, or maybe it is because of something else? just can't enjoy this show/concept?

i have never been able to get into this show for whatever reason? maybe it is because i think ty is pretty annoying, or maybe it is because of something else? just can't enjoy this show/concept?
Glad I'm not the only one who Ty is over the top. I can appreciate the work that is being done to help people but I guess the producers think they need someone yelling through a loudspeaker just to get people's attention.