Fall Line Up: Antenna TV Adds Benson and Barney Miller

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Antenna TV showcases two more all-time favorite sitcoms to the fall line-up with the airings this fall of "Barney Miller" and "Benson." Antenna TV, which airs on 65 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 60% of TV households, adds both programs to the network's Sunday night schedule startingSunday, September 9, 2012.

"Barney Miller," with Hal Linden heading up an ensemble cast, originally aired on ABC from 1975 to 1982 and airs on Antenna TV at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT. "Benson", with Robert Guillaume in the lead role, aired from 1979 to 1986, as a spin-off from "Soap."

Antenna TV will air the series as back-to-back hours on Sunday nights, with "Soap" at 11 pm ET/8 pm PT and "Benson" following at midnight ET/9 pm PT.
Read More: Tribune Company : Antenna TV Adds Barney Miller, Benson to Fall 2012 Schedule

I remember "Benson" reruns on KWGN back in my college years, but I don't think I've ever seen "Barney Miller." Before college my viewing was restricted to NBC and PBS, so there is a lot of stuff out there, which I'm old enought to have seen, which I just haven't seen. ;)

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Dan,

You'll get to meet Fish, who was probably my favorite character in Barney Miller. Both shows are great additions to their classic TV lineup.

Jim

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Barney Miller went through a lot of transition over the years. It was never a big favorite, but I tended to watch it. Some seasons are better than others, which is the norm I guess for most shows.